• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebugs get no recoil reduction for MAC 10?

Semi-auto fire is more than manageable for recoil control. Only go full-auto as a panic button. As long as you have an idea of where the center of your screen is, you won't even need iron-sights.

I prefer not using iron sights.

Aiming for the centre of the screen decreases accuracy enough so that headshots are harder, which is good because you want bodyshots as FB.

Upvote 0
ever since the FB was equipped with the MAC-10, i find this perk now able to hold on its own from early to mid wave depending on the map.. flamer is good if you can have a good distant view of incoming zeds and the MAC-10 is a good up close and personal type gun able to decap clots, gore and even bloats.. i also prefer short controlled burst headshots using the iron sight most of the time, cause for me it's recoil is manageable and it's cool to be able to light them up like a flamer does!:cool:

Upvote 0
Tip: Try to stay still if you are using the fullauto, cuz if you move around the recoil gets INSANE. There are basicly three things you can do to reduce recoil actually (all weapons, not just the Mac):

1) Stand still (no WASD movement)(this is the most influential part)
2) Crouch
3) Aim in ironsight

If you do all these, crouch in still position aiming with ironsight, the recoil gets reduced HEAVILY.

If you do NONE of these, standing up and running with no ironsight and going full-auto... well i hope you like looking at the ceiling :D

EDIT: Otherwise in general, like 9_6 said, use semi-auto :p Fullauto is just for emergencies or sh1tz n giggles anyway :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tip: Try to stay still if you are using the fullauto, cuz if you move around the recoil gets INSANE. There are basicly three things you can do to reduce recoil actually (all weapons, not just the Mac):

1) Stand still (no WASD movement)(this is the most influential part)
2) Crouch
3) Aim in ironsight

If you do all these, crouch in still position aiming with ironsight, the recoil gets reduced HEAVILY.

If you do NONE of these, standing up and running with no ironsight and going full-auto... well i hope you like looking at the ceiling :D
As a bonus, these also reduce your bullet spread on full-auto. Mostly ironsighting but crouching does help too.

Not like the berserker gets recoil reduction for his weapons...

Wait a minute...

Yup, I always struggle to keep my enemies in the ol' ironsights when using the fireaxe... ;)

Upvote 0