• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion for countdown.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Allow the attackers as team to have basically 5 lives (or whatever amount works best on a per map basis. This means that if the attackers fail to capture the objective within the time limit or all players die, that they as a team can respawn.

This means that the attackers can fail an attack 5 times, over the total course of a map.

The reason for this is if the teams got only 1 life per cap zone, that the chance of getting to fight at the actual last cap zone is pretty low. By allowing the team to respawn X times after they failed to attack allows a map to be balanced in such a way that 50 percent of the time the allies win and 50 percent of the time the axis win.

This way all the nice and good looking places in a map get some play time.

-------

(note: the re-spawning is probably better to happen when 20% of the attackers are still alive. Otherwise the defenders can move up all the way towards the spawn).

My view would be to let win/loss "balancing" get determined on these objective-type matches by switching map sides (via tandem sessions: linked Attack/Counterattack).

This way both sides have the same potential of experiencing these areas.

Besides, seizing all objectives on maps should be the challenge, and gaining them all in a session a due achievement.

Upvote 0
since now the attackers have only 1 live per cap and map have multiple caps attackers are at a disadvantage to win the map. sure, there was said to be some extra respawns as soon as you cap a specific Obj. but it still feels bit unbalanced.

here are my thoughts about countdown in campaign-mode or countdown in general:

why not making it like this.
* = allies controlled cap
+ = axies controlled cap
0 = neutral cap
_ = cap which is being fought for

Teams start off with a even number off caps
and fight for the middle neutral cap. no respawn of course:

+ + 0 * *

who ever captures the neutral cap or wipes out the other team (before the countdown stops) wins this cap. all dead players respawn.
in my example allies captured the neutral cap and have to attack the 1 axies objective. axies defend of couse.

+ + * * *

if the allies manage to cature the first axies cap or kill all enemies (before the countdown stops) they get to attack the last enemy objective.

+ * * * *

if they fail to capture (before the countdown stops) or get wiped out. they gonna have to defend there first cap with would be the middle one.

+ + * * *

and so on...

so basically i would be a campaign in a map.

Upvote 0
my idea is that there is no attacking or defending team.

if your team wins a Obj (by capturing it in time or kill all in the enemy team) . it continues to attack further (next Obj.). if your team fails to capture said Obj. it has to defend there Obj.

rule for countdown are:
  • 1 live per player per Obj
  • Time to capture a Obj is the countdown time

Lets pick Zhitomir for example:
  • map starts at the neutral Objective -Krasnaya Apps.-.
  • Allies control -Church Park- and -Warehouse Area-.
  • Axies control -Basement- and -Konsomol Apps.-.
  • Both Teams attack -Krasnaya Apps.-
    • if axies are able to kill all allies or are able to capture -Krasnaya Apps.- in time, all dead players respawn, and axies now attack the -Church Park-.
    • if allies are able to kill all axies or are able to capture -Krasnaya Apps.- in time, all dead players respawn, and allies now attack the -Basement-.

so there will be a back and forth. and the better team captures all Objectives.

Upvote 0