Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

April 18th Beta Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spindle View Post
    What about the reduced MG recoil?
    Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post

Upcoming (NOT IN THE NEXT PATCH) changes to gameplay based on user feedback:

General (Applies to 2 or more game modes)
    • Reducing overall machine gun recoil. We may go overboard and have to dial them back up a bit. We'll be looking for feedback on this.
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=77537

It'll be on a later one it seems.

Comment

Well the server browser works beautifully now in the beta!

Interesting WARNING message for Classic ... Beware, this mode is not for the faint of heart.

I guess we don't have to mention the bug involving flying soldiers on Mamayev?

One thing--i didn't notice this before, maybe because the trenches were lighter at one point, but it seems like both Germans and Russians glow a little too much underground at the moment. The trenches look awesome though with all the bunks, crates, lamps, stretchers, etc... cluttering the tunnels.
      Last edited by Nikita; 04-18-2012, 06:53 PM.
      sigpic
      Classic forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post
        Maps
        • Spartanovka
          • Inceased spawn time for Allies by 5 seconds
          • Improved Axis spawn protection for their last spawn attacking the Town Hall
          • Gave Axis more reinforcements
          • Reduced Allies' artillery amounts slightly
        • Station
          • Decreased Axis reinforcement times by 5 seconds
          • Increased Axis reinforcement
        It has has been my experience since this game was first available to the public, that both Station and Spartanovka have been extremely biased in favor of the attacking Axis team, especially when it comes to the final territory in each map. So I wonder why in the world would any changes be made to increase the odds for the Axis teams?

I'll grant that it's possible things play out a bit differently in this classic mode beta, I don't know, as I've spent the majority of my beta time on Mamayev, but to me it feels like somebody got these few bullet points backwards.

Aside from that, I really like the changes thus far and the ones that are coming down the line. Definite progress overall.
        [CENTER]
        [URL="http://www.deathb4dishonor.net"][/URL][/CENTER]

Comment

Had some great games on the new beta last night against 14 odd devs and assorted other players. The beta is improving with every update ( save the new orbital bodies ), and several hours passed in no time at all.

The beta is great fun
          If being a competitive gamer means doing this then I've never been more proud to proclaim that I am not a "competitive" gamer

Comment

Dead bodies flying into sky like balloons? Is this a new condition of the agency for youth protection?
            i7 3930k @ 3,8 GHz on Asus P9X79 WS, 16 GB Kingston Hyper X Quad-Channel, Gigabyte HD7970 OC, 500 GB RAID 1 on 3ware 9750 4i, x-fi titanium

Comment

Joined a server this morning. It said I was joining a Classic server, yet all other indicators including the intro screen said the Realism was Normal, not Classic. Just a bug?

Comment

Hey has the sprint speed been accelerated at all. In classic I feel like I am wearing a soggy pair of depends or something... I like the reduced sprint time but it is to slow.... Like on downers or something.
                [B][IMG]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8601/horse1.jpg[/IMG] [/B][COLOR=Red][B]{sBc} [/B][COLOR=YellowGreen][B]<>< HORSE><>[/B] [COLOR=Plum] [I](Lutzow)[/I][/COLOR][I] [COLOR=Plum]Family!!![/COLOR][/I]
                [COLOR=Red][B]THE STALINGRAD BRIDGE CLUB [/B][/COLOR]
                [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

i think sprint speed wasn't altered, but the slow sprint when exhausted definitely makes it feel more fluid, even if it isn't much faster than default jogging.

i had a great time on the beta server yesterday. until half the players left because gumrak came along. shortly after that steam decided to stop working.
                  i hope there will be some players on tonight for further testing.

mamayev is looking awesome, the tunnels are nicely furnished.
                  pings seem more stable now, at least when i checked, they always stuck around 100 without spiking like before.
                  the only (hilarious ) bug i encountered so far is players flying into the air after being shot in a tunnel.

i'm very happy with the progress so far and hope to see those changes roll into the stock game soon!
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][COLOR="Gray"][I] i7 3770K@4.3ghz; 8gb ddr3 1333; gtx770; 2x1TB hdd@raid0 + 128gb 830 SSD; win7 64bit[/I][/COLOR]

Comment

I'll be there again this evening, ingame name = Krink0v, or something else equally silly
                    If being a competitive gamer means doing this then I've never been more proud to proclaim that I am not a "competitive" gamer

Comment

Marking Arty Issues

I encountered a problem with the commander role since the latest patch.
                      When marking arty with the binocs in a protected area, you used to get a hint so you can retarget.
                      Since the patch this hint is missing, or better you get it after calling in arty at the radio.
                      This bug (i guess) had me running my *** off on mamayev.
                      I hope that was of some help for you guys

You do a real nice job with RO2 and espacially with the classic mode.
                      Can

Comment

I played tonight... And it was quite perfect. Dunno if it comes from the players, the patch, or something else but we were allowed to play without any care. It was very intense and all the players could easily know what to do at any moments in order to stay alive and win.

Now we want big maps, big vehicles, and more...
                        Last edited by KaB; 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM.
                        [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/Kakeb141/"]Youtube Channel[/URL]

[B][I]Project Reality: BF2[/I] Animator[/B]

Comment

Still some problems with deployable MG (I posted another bug).

Comment

Very Strange Problem...

I was Axis, killed and then auto-balanced to the Allies. I was able to select a role, but I could NOT spawn, nor select a spawn point. My name shows up in the list of Allied players on the scoreboard.

Finally, force respawned, but by the Axis commander! I am now Axis again but still on the Allied side according to my scoreboard, but others say I am Axis on their scoreboard.

I play a bit, am killed and cannot respawn again at all and I am still listed as Allied on my scoreboard.

I finally type reconnect in the console, reconnect and I am fine.

What the???

I have pictures upon request....

Comment

Originally posted by =GG= Mr Moe View Post
                              Very Strange Problem...

I was Axis, killed and then auto-balanced to the Allies. I was able to select a role, but I could NOT spawn, nor select a spawn point. My name shows up in the list of Allied players on the scoreboard.

Finally, force respawned, but by the Axis commander! I am now Axis again but still on the Allied side according to my scoreboard, but others say I am Axis on their scoreboard.

I play a bit, am killed and cannot respawn again at all and I am still listed as Allied on my scoreboard.

I finally type reconnect in the console, reconnect and I am fine.

What the???

I have pictures upon request....
                              Ah now then!

When I was playing the new beta release a couple of nights ago, I was crouched in a trench watching the Russian I just shot inside the tunnel in front of me fly into the stratosphere, when another Russian appeared above the trench. I shot him and then another about two seconds later in the tunnel again.

As the kill messages were displayed I got penalised twice for killing two of my team m8's?

This happened a few more times as well on differnt teams and maps.

Sounds related, although I'd had a beer or two...

Comment

Stuttering is gone with this patch, weird since there is no rendering performances improve in the changelog, but with 40 players on last night I had absolutely none, even better than the last beta patch. (Still freezes every 2min on "stable") .

Comment

Working...
                                X