• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Closed Beta Wave 6 Has Now Ended

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    A big thank you to everybody that played and helped us during this beta wave. Don't forget to fill out the surveys linked from the main menu (or your email)! We look forward to seeing you return for the next beta wave.

While we don't have a set start for our next wave yet, we plan to add many new players and put many new keys out into the wild.

I would advise not to push one wave after another, like it was with Wave 5 or 6 after PAX East(see, its so frequent I dont even remember exact time). Best is to sort out all the bugs , user performance and whats more important, a map balance, as next 7th wave scheduled for 5-12 April is last closed beta wave. Game should be more than ready for Wave 7, which I really doubt to be happening.

Upvote 0
    Hi Tripwire,

(Sorry not a native English speaker)

I was happy to get an invite this time!

Although the overall performance was rather bad, I had a good time, mostly.

I'm really curious what your motives were with RS2 that you didn't take the Early Access train.

I bought KF 2 at day one and I'm loving it ever since.
    I always felt that this was a great approach from you.

The initial EA release was great. Probably THE MOST POLISHED early access game I ever played.

I imagine you can't really compare RS2 to KF2 development wise, but what were your motives to NOT GO EA with RS2?

Keep up the great work!

Bonus Question(s):

1. What's going on with KF Incursion? Early Access? Please?!
    2. Do you have any plans to develop future projects on UE4?
    Although your doing fantastic stuff in UE3 (KF2!), I would love to see your next game in a modern engine.
    It's the same with Call of Duty for me. I just can't stand the feeling of the exact same engine and overall feeling of the gameplay any more. RS2 really feels too much like RO2.

Greetings from Germany!

Upvote 0
    northdumpling;n2290135 said:
    i would advise not to push one wave after another, like it was with wave 5 or 6 after pax east(see, its so frequent i dont even remember exact time). Best is to sort out all the bugs , user performance and whats more important, a map balance, as next 7th wave scheduled for 5-12 april is last closed beta wave. Game should be more than ready for wave 7, which i really doubt to be happening.

money money money

edit: no offense

Upvote 0