• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Second Beta Weekend Has Ended

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We would like to thank everybody who participated in the second beta weekend and encourage all who did to fill out the survey linked in game if they have not done so yet.

We will be talking about our next steps moving ahead and the results of that survey (and what actions we are taking from it) as we gather that data over the coming days.

Sadly, I wasn't able to play more than 3 hours this time. There is still a lot of things to do but I'm sure it is going into the right direction. Many things have improved since RO2/RS but especially the UI, some particular game mechanics and footsteps (for skirmish) needs some work. But it's way easier to complain so I have to say: Well done!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Mises;n2281486 said:
    Overall, the game is great, but I don't like the weapon damage nerf. The damage system was perfect in RO2, and now I'm disappointed with the new one.
    Don't blame the system itself because the new system is clearly superior. They just have to tweak or look at some numbers that people will drop down with a single bullet on the chest.

Upvote 0
    Thom430;n2281497 said:
    How is it clearly superior?

Let me quote PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN's reply in another thread for this:
    PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN;n2270148 said:
    Previously bleeding would happen on the majority of hits and basically worked by halving the damage you _would_ have taken from the bullet, applying half instantly, and the second half over a period of something like 4-8 seconds unless you bandaged immediately. Bleeding still operates that way with regard to halving the damage, however you will now only bleed if the full damage would result in death, otherwise you take the full damage and don't bleed.

Also, when bleeding you now bleed for 10/20/30 seconds depending on bleeding speed and you cannot bleed out any faster than that, so no more instances of "you are bleeding" only to die one second later because you only had 2 health left to bleed out. Now, bleeding out actually takes some time, which means you don't have to instantly stop in the middle of the street and bandage to prevent instant death, only to be easily sniped by the guy who wounded you in the first place. You're free to finish your firefight or disengage and get to safety before bandaging. You can tell how far gone you are, as the screen fades out as you bleed out, then unfades as you bandage. And lastly, bandaging now takes 2-3x as long as it used to.

So basically, bleeding is no longer something that happens hundreds of times per minute in each battle and bandaging no longer has to be done instantly to survive, but it's a slower and more deliberate process.
    This solution is so much better than the previous one but doesn't have the influence to the damage on the chest directly. So tweaking some numbers in the current system will make the current complains disappear without switching to the old system again.

Upvote 0