• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Media Update - Ragdolls

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone! We are back with another media update for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Today we want to cover our updated ragdoll system which will allow bodies to fall in more natural ways as compared to Red Orchestra 2 or Rising Storm. Overall the ragdoll is more relaxed and falls into more natural positions. When dying, momentum from the player’s movement is now applied to the ragdoll so killing a player who is sprinting is now very satisfying.

As always, remember that what you are about to see is a Work In Progress:

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/071916/ragdolls.webm

As an additional reminder we won’t have anything up for the week of Gamescom but are prepping for some big news following the show as well as being at PAX West!

Like what i'm seeing. I agree, there's some floppiness to certain movements/limbs, but overall noticeable improvement over past games.
    Those that get shot during motion i find particularly impressive. Like how some of their gear gets dropped as well.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Brembo;n2266066 said:
    [...]but people in our community are seriously concerned about the lack of sound. When can we hear how RS2 sounds in its pre release state?
    Try not to apply your opinion on the whole community. I don't want to hear the sounds yet because they would confuse since everything's WIP. There are a lot of placeholders and even the RS2 trailer teached them a lesson. There was a lot of backfire because people heard the placeholders of the voices. It's good that they hold it back that we can focus on things they want to show.

Reactions: Patu.Kuovi
    Upvote 0
    nilsmoody;n2266069 said:
    Try not to apply your opinion on the whole community. I don't want to hear the sounds yet because they would confuse since everything's WIP. There are a lot of placeholders and even the RS2 trailer teached them a lesson. There was a lot of backfire because people heard the placeholders of the voices. It's good that they hold it back that we can focus on things they want to show.

I am talking about Russian community, not this one. I am fed up with answering questions about lack of sound in all videos i publish.

Upvote 0
    Perun58;n2265661 said:
    It's looking very nice. :)
    The AK is on safe by the way... just saying :rolleyes:

Yes, never seen an AK or Type 56 bolt somehow get threw the dust cover/safety before. Full auto is about 1/4 inch from the bottom of receiver assuming the thing was actually set to shoot. Good eye BTW. But vary vary wrong. AK's a funky in that its usually safe, semi, and then full auto. But its retro selector/safety/dust cover goes safe, full, and then semi.

Upvote 0
    Flashburn;n2267632 said:
    Yes, never seen an AK or Type 56 bolt somehow get threw the dust cover/safety before. Full auto is about 1/4 inch from the bottom of receiver assuming the thing was actually set to shoot. Good eye BTW. But vary vary wrong. AK's a funky in that its usually safe, semi, and then full auto. But its retro selector/safety/dust cover goes safe, full, and then semi.
    Having semi at the bottom of the selector lever allows you to sweep the lever down off safe and pretty easily end up on semi. Setting it to full auto has to be a deliberate choice for the user because the lever will slide past the full auto position if you simply sweep the level down.
    Personally I think that's why it was designed the way it was.

Upvote 0