• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS2 Beta crashing at launch

Hi guys,

I got the beta key few days ago, and I've been having a good time so far. Today I played a few rounds in the morning, then quitted for launch break, but the game's broken since then. I can't launch it anymore, it crashes with the following message:

"The instruction at 0x000000001003654 referenced memory at 0x00000000569A0090. The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program"

Whatever that means. The game was fine until this morning. Is there anything I can do?
I've already deleted the folder in Documents/My Games

EDIT: Apparently the game runs, but the error message prevents me to play. If I ALT-TAB after the error pops up, I can get into the game but instantly sent back to the desktop, while the game keeps running. What the heck. I tried to join a server through steam and again, game works in background but I can do nothing because of the error message. I'm then forced to click OK and the application closes...

Last edited: