• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game crashes whenever I join a server

Peoples meaning of clean reinstall can differ... and you need to attache a dxdiag of your setup in your post for anyone to really assist, check the sticky.

If not already, try deleting what ever is in the My Documents game settings folder, replace SMC with your windows profile name eg:
C:\Users\SMC\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2 Beta\

If still no go then delete the default game config files then "verify the integrity of your game files" thru Steam, located eg:
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Config\

Upvote 0
smc;n2287222 said:
Peoples meaning of clean reinstall can differ... and you need to attache a dxdiag of your setup in your post for anyone to really assist, check the sticky.

If not already, try deleting what ever is in the My Documents game settings folder, replace SMC with your windows profile name eg:
C:\Users\SMC\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2 Beta\

If still no go then delete the default game config files then "verify the integrity of your game files" thru Steam, located eg:
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Config\

Thanks for the advice. At first, it worked; however after several games, it started crashing again during a match and sometimes when I first join a server. I guess there is a bug in the files that is causing the crashes. I hope they fix it.

Upvote 0
Same problem. Lowering graphics doesn't work. Deleted documents, didn't work. Chu Chi is the map, haven't tried others to see.

EDIT: I did this:

"If still no go then delete the default game config files then "verify the integrity of your game files" thru Steam, located eg:
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Rising Storm 2\ROGame\Config"

And verified integrity, and it worked. But the map had changed to something else by then, so I didn't test all variables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0