• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Issues connecting to server I think (Dallas #1)

JOSH S

Nov 17, 2016
Issue: After the loading screen, as soon as the map loads but before the server rules screen pops up, the "Connecting..." text pops up. Audio plays for about 4 seconds, then audio cuts out. Nothing happens for about 35 seconds, no audio, just the overhead view of the terrain and "Connecting...". Then audio kicks back in for a second or two and the game crashes immediately. The map it's trying to connect to is Song Be currently, I haven't tested it on any other maps on Dallas #1 yet.

I can successfully play on other servers, including on Song Be on other servers. Dallas #2 works fine, it's currently running Cu Chi.

Attempted fixes: Rebooting, deleting local game content and then reinstalling via Steam, deleting the Rising Storm 2 Beta folder in Documents/My Games and then deleting the RS2 folder in steamapps and then having Steam reinstall, deleting the Song Be map folder and having Steam redownload the files.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2016.11.18-00.54.44.log
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.11.18-00.54.44.dmp
    537.8 KB · Views: 0
Update: So it lets me join Dallas #1 on Song Be today, but now I can't join London #1 on Song Be. The common issue is that I seem to have issues when joining servers with a decent amount of people in them. Last night Dallas #1 was populated and I was having issues, now there's two people in it. London #1 currently has like 40 people in it and I'm having issues.

I have been in large matches before though so I guess it's an intermittent issue, albeit consistent lately.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2016.11.18-10.45.39.log
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.11.18-10.45.39.dmp
    539.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0