• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Leaders (both & US focused), Radiomen (both), and field spawning.

thefonztm

May 28, 2015
In field spawning feels a little funky, particularly the US which still spawns on the SL. There is difficulty in grouping up your squad with individual spawn timers. Sometimes squad members end up across the map for extended periods of time.

For SL's of all factions

- There should be an ability to delay your squadmembers from spawning (hold them at zero). Individual players should be able to override this if they want. Ex: If SL is holding spawns & a player reaches 0, show text indicating hold & prompt player to press a key to override & spawn.

Specific to US SL.

- No longer have players spawn on SL.

- SL can set up rally points at on map radio locations. These are permanent unless destroyed/replaced. Squad members can spawn and the SL can spawn here.

- SL can set up a rally point on deployed radios (see radioman below). Squad members can spawn on this rally point SL CAN NOT. If SL dies, rally point functions for 20 more seconds.

Radiomen

- US radio men can deploy radio. SL can use this radio as a spawn point IF radio belongs to squad member. Radioman functions like grunt & can respawn at deployed radio (without radio on back). Radio man spawns this way unless he picks up his radio, his radio gets killed, or he gets a new radio from an ammo point (killing old deployed radio).

- Vietnamese radio men gain an ability to listen in. Can hear deployed radios being used as a spawn point, louder when closer.

Regarding the US field spawning changes I'm suggesting, I think it is a good juxtaposition with VC tunnels being placeable anywhere. US field spawning is tied to key map locations. Not necessarily, but usually on an objective. By making use of deployed radios, the US has a weaker way to deploy 1/2 of it's squads in enemy territory & sustain pressure without totally forcing the SL to lay in a bush. The Vietnamese radiomen act as a way to root out a deployed radio spawn point.

I'm on the fence about giving a bit more defensive strength to deployed radios in cap zones. Not all capzones have an on map radio. So maybe if a deployed radio is in a cap zone, the SL can spawn on it. Have it still decay though. This way it usually respawns the SL & stops decaying, but if the SL has a long spawn for whatever reason, the decay can kill the spawn point. Having deployed radios function this way would also allow a different spawn point for objectives that do have a radio.

*Posted in wrong forum earlier. My bad, please forgive TK.

I support hold spawn, but not override, because it can disclose sl location, which can be way more important than someones wish to enter game. members should use other spawns instead if they don't want to wait, but sl may kick them from the squad.

I support the radio/rally points idea and sl should be able to spawn on them, but there should be restrictions as distance to flag zone and enemy rally points. The radioman idea is interesting but why should sl not be able to deploy a radio with 2 other squad members nearby as a requirement. I do not agree with vietnamese ability to listen in, but i should play the game to be able to define my opinion.

Upvote 0