• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cosmetics and Skins, NVA Olive drab

FangSeishin

Jul 15, 2015
I find having to unlock customization of ones soldiers to be ridiculous especially when camouflage is becoming a feature of this series surely there must be a better way to allow gamer to feel that sense of progression.

Maybe allowing the core camo cosmetics to be unlocked then allowing the fun ones to be unlocked through grinding?

Bring back the NVA olive drab, it makes no sense to be fighting in a green environment in tan clothes just because team killing was too common, rather then take away teach them how to not team kill.

FangSeishin;n2289392 said:
Bring back the NVA olive drab, it makes no sense to be fighting in a green environment in tan clothes just because team killing was too common, rather then take away teach them how to not team kill.

indeed i asked this some time a go. but people sed there was too many team kill and i sed its RO/RS you will shoot someone on your team is not the same as us green

Last edited:
Upvote 0
arvn;n2289827 said:
if someone makes a mod that adds nva green uniforms i will get it. but vietcong 2 game did uniforms well

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118103...57662965390564
vietcong 2 on flickr

Good lung getting server operators to run that.

Theres a green SNLF mod for RS1. No server runs it and I know for a fact all the operators who do run other custom content know about it.

Upvote 0
No Title

Guys, in the real war both sides wore green in a real war. And you're telling me that we can't do that in a video game because you can't learn how to use the map to see if the guy in front of you is an enemy?

Attachments

• photo18431.jpg
    photo18431.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18432.jpg
    photo18432.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18433.jpg
    photo18433.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo18434.jpg
    photo18434.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
FangSeishin;n2290187 said:
Guys, in the real war both sides wore green in a real war. And you're telling me that we can't do that in a video game because you can't learn how to use the map to see if the guy in front of you is an enemy?
Real war?

You mean combat where people actually follow the chain of command?
Rarely, if ever, run around trying to be rambo?
Don't respawn into existence over and over again in a fixed playable area?
Firefights that rarely, if ever, have an even number of combatants on either side?

That kind of real war?

Bottom line is that while authenticity matters(a lot) so does playability. And target identification directly affects how playable a shooter is. So long as the current colors were actually worn by the NVA I think it's a completely reasonable compromise.

Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0
I think green uniforms should at the very least be trialed with a mock-up for a beta wave. Think of it this way: I honestly believe the character creation in game allows for enough variance with helmets alone to tell who the enemy is, let alone when you go into the type of hats/headbands available. The weapons all sound distinct and unique to their faction, and the overall gear is different. Each faction also runs rather differently as well, which helps because people sprint everywhere in this game.

As for camouflage: I disagree that camouflage shouldn't be unlocked. It had to be unlocked in Rising Storm as well (hero US characters had the USMC Duck Hunter camouflage).

Upvote 0
I highly agree with this, but I doubt that they will bring them back considering the trials. However, the higher likelihood of friendly fire might actually add more intensity in the game, as it forces the player to quickly identify their target before firing. It's like a race of wits. That's just me tho

Upvote 0
Like I said in the past, if you can't tell apart a green IJN SNLF and a US Marine you need glasses. Even at like 200m just their headgear alone is enough to instantly distinct them.

In RS2, things get a little interesting with customization. I can understand confusing two people when they both have no helmet and no shirt, but still, NVA green and US green are two COMPLETELY different colors, not to mention you can always quickly glance at their backpacks. Since gear is something that cannot be modified by the player, that's a good permanent way to quickly tell who's who.

My point is, the only time you should ever confuse friend from foe is when you just joined your very first match. I know I did a bit of teamkilling myself when I first started, but after you play a couple of games there's no excuse.

EDIT: I'm not rabid about historical accuracy like the one SNLF fanatic, but it's plain annoying to be denied cool features because they don't appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is it's also the most common denominator. I've seen the mutator played on a full server with a bunch of level 99s. It messes with your head. You even think enemies are friendly. It makes you hesitate for that extra 0.5 seconds. It wasn't played just once either and it was on every map not just the SNLF maps.

Upvote 0
RandomPerson78642;n2290448 said:
Like I said in the past, if you can't tell apart a green IJN SNLF and a US Marine you need glasses. Even at like 200m just their headgear alone is enough to instantly distinct them.

In RS2, things get a little interesting with customization. I can understand confusing two people when they both have no helmet and no shirt, but still, NVA green and US green are two COMPLETELY different colors, not to mention you can always quickly glance at their backpacks. Since gear is something that cannot be modified by the player, that's a good permanent way to quickly tell who's who.

My point is, the only time you should ever confuse friend from foe is when you just joined your very first match. I know I did a bit of teamkilling myself when I first started, but after you play a couple of games there's no excuse.

EDIT: I'm not rabid about historical accuracy like the one SNLF fanatic, but it's plain annoying to be denied cool features because they don't appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I agree. Shouldn't sacrifice authenticity to appeal to the newbies. Time will train the eye

Upvote 0