• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'Leave the combat area' and disabling of weapons

jacknine

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
I just wanted to start off by saying that I am really really enjoying the beta, it has a good mix of immersion and fun, I can see myself playing it a lot when its released.

I have one major gripe though and that is when a zone is taken and I get hit with the 'Leave the combat area' message and my weapon disables.

I absolutely hate this, its destroys the immersion instantly and just makes me swear out loud.

If it really has to be in the game, then wouldnt it be better as a timer?, like 30 seconds so you can make a fighting retreat?, as it stands now everyone has to turn tail and run..and gets shot.

'Never present your back to your opponent!' , one of the earliest lessons I learned in martial arts!

I say if they loose the point those all ready there should stay and fight to death if they want. That is legit. You got to clear the area of bad guys. But for game play don't let any respawns run back behind the lost point.

It is silly sauce to have to get the magic no workie work gun and shot in the back thing once a point fell for whatever reason.

Upvote 0
Yes, this was absolutely terrible... Rising storm 1 was fine in this regard. Screen turned red and you had a count down timer to get back to the zone before you died instantly.

Can't fire my gun u serious??? But I had snuck behind enemy lines, when suddenly the cap zone switched, now i can't fire my gun? What a waste of time.

Upvote 0