• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Leader and Radioman - The Squad Made in Heaven

Team Leader and Radioman - The Squad Made in Heaven

• Total voters
Heya RS2 Players. I just got in to the Wave 4 beta and am loving it - especially playing Radioman with a talkative TL. This is one of the (many) great additions to the RO2/RS and RO1 gameplay that RS2 is offering, along with the new Squad system which is easier to access and a bit more intuitive than the RO2/RS system.

It is also a lovely feature that a Radioman can see the TL on their HUD and the Map to help them keep together during the chaos of battle.

What I recommend, though, as the TL cannot be in a squad, that the Radiomam/men and TL be placed either in a separate squad automatically. for a variety of reasons.

This will most notably allow Radiomen to keep tabs on each other and the TL by the different (green) color of these other important team members, and further would be able to coordinate and communicate with them in Squad chat without needing to clog communications with the rest of their team.

It may also be prudent, if this isn't an option for some reason (though I can't imagine why it would be) that Radiomen and the TL be automatically colored differently than team members and squad members (possibly purple or gold) to help distinguish them. This would also help other members work to cover them and follow their (smoke covered) advance.

Well if you will have Radioman and TL in one squad, I dont think second person will get any fun from a game just by following a TL and being his own Legget guy. While being in a squad, you at least serve your SL properly and if TL need some radioguy, he should be talking to SL in first place, so his guys will provide covering fire and additional support while TL is on radio.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2286001 said:
Well if you will have Radioman and TL in one squad, I dont think second person will get any fun from a game just by following a TL and being his own Legget guy. While being in a squad, you at least serve your SL properly and if TL need some radioguy, he should be talking to SL in first place, so his guys will provide covering fire and additional support while TL is on radio.

I could see that if SLs could use the Radiomen for anything, but they're basically just a Rifleman with smokes instead of frags at that point, and would be equally useful to a TL. It's also silly to say a TL and the Radiomen would never advance - I acted as a backpack to a TL just behind the front for two games in a row and we saw plenty of combat while regularly calling in recon and air support. It worked great, and would have been both easier and more fun if we could communicate directly and could more easily track each other.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2286090 said:
And when you are the team leader the radiomen are yellow with little radio icons on them.

If the TL wants a radio all he's gotta do is ask.

And again, my proposal would do nothing but make that more effective and fun for TLs and Radioman players, at least in my humble opinion. Would also, again, allow Radiomen and TLs not drown out other communication by letting them use a Squad Channel rather than Team chat, which is usually either being used for multiple convos, or flooded with spam.

My point is, it would be an improvement in various areas with no detriment anywhere else. It's hardly like the Radioman is a major element to any given squad he piles into - in fact, because they tend to be attached to the TL's hip, they're taking away a slot from another team member to be in a full, front-line squad.

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2286280 said:
The game just needs 3D positional voip, so you dont spam in team chat or cycling through channels.

That î

And there should be different communication channels like the different chats.
With Mumble integrated in Project reality SL can communicate with other SLs, Commander and Squad members. The commander can talk to a special SL without disturbing other SLs or to all.

Upvote 0