• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think shotguns are way to bad?

Do you think shotguns are way to bad?

• Yes, they need to buff shotguns

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, they are fine

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • git gut

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
So I used shotguns in RS2 and they are just bad. Double barrel is pure garbage :), while usa one is also bad but better then first one. In RS1 shotguns were so good and i love to play with them. Now just mah.

So what do you guys think do they need big buff?

I found it much easier to use shotguns then in RO2 for the simple fact that the running animation head bobbing is much less pronounced in Vietnam, almost to the point of being stiff (much prefer RO2 style) so easier to make quick reaction kills, saw quite a few ppl just running and gunning shotguns for entire rounds.

Need more realistically portrayed movement to counter this (default to RO2 i'd say), not nerfing or buffing the guns imo.

Upvote 0
smc;n2284294 said:
I found it much easier to use shotguns then in RO2 for the simple fact that the running animation head bobbing is much less pronounced in Vietnam, almost to the point of being stiff (much prefer RO2 style) so easier to make quick reaction kills, saw quite a few ppl just running and gunning shotguns for entire rounds.

Need more realistically portrayed movement to counter this (default to RO2 i'd say), not nerfing or buffing the guns imo.

RO2 is much stiffer than this.

Much easier to sprint and let off a shot in RO2 than it is here. The sight misalignment and the greater weapon sway.

But with a shotgun you don't have to aim as much.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2284317 said:
RO2 is much stiffer than this.

Much easier to sprint and let off a shot in RO2 than it is here. The sight misalignment and the greater weapon sway.

But with a shotgun you don't have to aim as much.

Well I don't know about the sight misalignment, but here's a quick comparison i did up using shotgun/trench gun for both games, my eyes show me way more running headbob and sway in RO2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fdpZZfzQl4

Vietnam looks like he has a pole up his clacker to me, my definition of stiff.

Upvote 0
smc;n2284527 said:
Well I don't know about the sight misalignment, but here's a quick comparison i did up using shotgun/trench gun for both games, my eyes show me way more running headbob and sway in RO2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fdpZZfzQl4

Vietnam looks like he has a pole up his clacker to me, my definition of stiff.

They removed that slight amount of head bob while running. Which doesn't affect your aim lol.

Try sprinting for 15 seconds then aiming. Instant sprint to aim. That's where the two games are different in a way that actually matters.

Plus in RS2 bullets actually come out your barrel. In RS1 they always came out of the center of your face. So moving your mouse around in RS2 while aiming is going to affect where your shots land a lot more than they would in RS1.

Plus shotguns in this are far better at long range.

Upvote 0
smc;n2284542 said:
I wouldn't say i disagree but run and gun is what i'm talking about not run, then stop then aim down sight.

I did notice the very long range for shotguns tho, once you ADS.

I'm talking about run and gun as well. You still aim though. I highly doubt you go around hipfiring. Considering the low damage each individual shotgun pellet does in RS1. It's the only weapon where you can survive a headshot.

I think most people will agree the shotguns are even more powerful in this than it was in RS1.

Upvote 0
ballistics wise i think the shotguns are rather powerful. my issue is with the sound...the u.s. side shotguns like mossberg just sound like a tinny bass drum. the vietcong double barrels sound slightly better but still a bit dull. neither have that crack i expect. also there's no sound for moving the pump handle. though i know that sound is in infancy at this stage and there's a lot of other game sounds yet to be replaced.

Upvote 0