• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Here is my feedback on beta.

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
First i want to say, sorry for grammar mistakes if i made them. And to clear things up I am veteran of RO2 with 400+h of game and love game so far but here is what can get better.

Sounds need lot of work. Heli sounds are good but also too loud. Its so loud you cant hear properly. Then footsteps, i can hear my own footstpers way too loud. And its like they come from behind me. Voice acting is probably just place holder but yeah this is way too bad.

Graphics also need some work. Lightining is strange, some areas are way to dark for daytime. Even tunnels have more light inside than some houses and bunkers. It's hard to see because of strange lightning. Some textures are veary bad resolution, there are floating trees on maps and overall poligons need polishing.

Gameplay. Combat is good and similar to RO2/RS1 but it feels more clunky. I don't know why but here is this fps drops that kills gameplay, even on medium low i have fps drops. Then there is strange animations, like they are twitching, lagging. I don't know how to explain, animations sometime don't look smooth. Overall game does not feel smooth and i think this is problem with cluky gameplay. Also holding some guns looks strange.

Optimization. This needs a lot of work. It ruins fun and gameplay for everyone. There are random FPS drops everywhere.

Bugs:
As squad leader people would spawn on me but i didnt get a single point for this.
Zoom while sprinting gets stuck.
Fix if to drop weapon and pick it up again.
Floating trees and radio stations on ChuChi map.

Features i would like to see:
Button on mouse for heli to have free look. Not to press 2x Y/Z
Countermeasures on heli(maybe) Let us remap heli controls.
While using tactical hud i would love to see where tunnels are. Not only on map.

What could be tweeked:
Classes feel the same. Some of them could use bit more variety.
Clothing of some soldiers looks almost the same as other side.
Mosin nagant needs buff, sometims you need to hit them 3x to kill.
Shutguns are just bad, they need hard buff.
Smoke granades throwing range need more distance, and squad leader should have better smoke granade, signal flares are not that good and they fall in front of your nose.
Flamethrower is simple touch and you die. It's not like in RS1. It feels strange.
Votekick abuse. For beta this should be disabled, someone kicked all our top players.
UI and HUD need buff they should be more more user friendly, also there could be details on some gadgets/items and classes and what do they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: VashCZ and smc