• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VashCZs suggestions

VashCZ

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
I am not an expert at graphics or so but the game has terrible textures so far even with texture filtering. Tessalation is 0(maybe on purpose) and it looks so flat and old. Grass growing in front of my eyes, blah. Flat grass is moving everywhere around me, well it does not feel realistic. It is just like I was standing at glass on top of big aquarium.

With advanced guns it moves to be game like Battlefield series. Not same but hell it is similar you can´t deny. And you guys know how great and optimzed its graphics are. All Assasins creeds are gameplay similar. But there is new story and newer graphics and lots of people buy it. And the immersion/story for RS2? Immersion what I have played so far is way down.
Whatever this ****ty engine can bear, please suck the maximum.

There are no new features or game mechanics. Interactivity and world changing is 0. No physics and no interactive items or objects. Seems empty. I suggest building sandbags and f.e. tables with physics, so man can lay them over and cover. And I suggest physics of houses and everything including water. It is unrealistic for this engine heh? :-(
What about free look? Climb something right to prone. Fall on the purpose - you can prone, but you can t lie on the side. Player never feel exhaustion?

Audio is fine. Choppers too loud, almost as loud as my gun. Bigger problem was, that choppers were still spawned on the server, so I do not remember the quiet. Do not think choppers were 24/7 in Vietnam.

Way too same as RO2. My current thinking about the game? Worth 5 euros. But I must be sure there are no more DLC :-D.

PS.: unlike RS1 here are better guns and open terrain and choppers bro-drop = ppl do not stick together so much so the feel of teamplay/gameplay is even worse than RS1. Like BF or so :-D.
Make yourself unique or make yourself best of genre.

feel free to oppose me or add some ideas to make this text worth writing/reading :-D

VashCZ

edit 15.1.:
OK, just checked RO2
grass looked better than in RS2, suprising, maybe that is what bites me to the eye

Last edited:
I stopped taking you seriously at the moment you started telling about the game starting to be more BF-ish, despite the fact that you givign up suggestions to be it more BF alike. In this post there are no constructive criticism on what and why, just a rage in without specific suggestions or historical proofs.

Upvote 0
You probably didn´t read this: "Make yourself unique or make yourself best of genre." There aren´t only 2 ways of course. But many people have no time to play 10 games so they choose one or three. And if those ppl won´t choose RS2 devs won´t have money for further improvements and game will stay as it is.

Upvote 0
VashCZ;n2283844 said:
AC series is successful.

Is it? Also what kind of a comparison is that? McDonald's is also successful. Should RS2 be more like McDonald's? Apples and Oranges...

The engine that is being used outdated, that is true. But in my opinion shiny effects don't make instantly a good looking game. It is more important if the simple look of a game is working and fitting the scenario. A good example would be the Darkest Hour Mod for the first Red Orchestra. I think that it is still looking good.

Foy1b.jpg

The engine is obviously outdated, but the look is just right. I am not in the beta yet and so I can only refer to video footage. I think the game looks alright so far. I don't argue with obvious trolls by the way and so this is just a general opinion about graphics. Your posts and the amount of posts, shows pretty clearly you are just here to troll around.

Upvote 0
VashCZ;n2283877 said:
Because you are not reading bug report section.

And yes, I am also claiming reasonable suggestions.

Well "reasonable" is always subjective. What could be deemed reasonable by one individual may not be by another.

In terms of graphics I think everyone who isn't blind will agree it looks better than RO2/RS1. Plus the graphics are not finished. Which is unusual by most people's definition of "beta" but yes there are more graphical improvements to come. Things like DirectX11 support for example. Unreal 3 is a powerful engine to still be relevant today and if I showed you some of the tech demo's from 2007 you'd think its a trailer for Crysis 4 or something.

"No new features or gameplay mechanics." Now this is the sort of statement some executive says in a board meeting making the rest of the room collectively facepalm. Because quite frankly it's rather obviously wrong. Everything from the Recoil to the damage system is completely new and redone. So yes you might upset people slightly flinging bombshells like that around.

But I do have to agree with you on world interactivity. Should be some and there can be. Kismet and matinee allow for many things to happen on maps. Though performance and time consumption do have to be considered. Not to blow my own trumpet (ain't really mine to blow in the first place) but Heroes of the west showed that these little things that happen on the map really add to the game as a whole. Nymets did a very good job with that on his maps.
Though table flipping? That's a very movie thing. Tables aren't bullet proof lol. So you would what? Flip a table and still die only with bits of wood stuck inside of you as well lol. After that you started not making much sense tbh not quite sure what you were getting at there.

You also have to consider that literally everyone you are playing with right now is a noob.

Plus all DLC will probably be free. They tend to do that.

Upvote 0
That is serious reading.

This thread has my name in it because it is individual, ofc.

Support for DX 11 when DX 12 and Vulkan are coming. OK I get it, they didn t start developement when specifications were known. But native DX 11 would be great for beginning. Just hope it will fit to this engine.
Tried to say they should try their best at this if the new features won´t be striking for casuals.

I didn´t notice interactivity in Heroes of the west. Except barbed wire. It was quite good.
Which others?

Literally "almost evyryone" already played RO2. So they are new to this game with similar mechanics. They do not know maps. But are probably quite experienced. :)

DLCs free? Good for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well there was the barbed wire, doors some vents. Then there was the many non gameplay related things like fuel trucks, fences, light buildings fuel and ammo caches that all blew up when arty or satchels hit it. Making artillery look more devastating. Most fences got destroyed by grenades. There was even map specific things like the train carts on port brest that can be destroyed or the dead cows on bocage that can be ran over by tanks which makes them turn into mush with a disgusting sound attached to it or even the chicken farm on Saint come su mont where all the chickens explode when shot.
Theres even the ambient things like aircraft flying overhead and such. In HOtW

RS2 lacks that. The only thing they got really is on VNTE-firebase they will have F4s dropping napalm on the background.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow so many things you know about. I didn t notice doors, fences, and fuel/ammo caches. But hell yea, these scriptish thingies would be decent. Before first gameplay I was hoping in player interactive objects, wanted to use environment as Viet - Half Life series weren´t so famous because of shooting experience, neither story exp that much :).

I have already seen some bomber dropped 2 napalm bombs in action at rush map. In the middle part, there are brown leaves on the ground and greenish trees. Napalm came and greeny leaves on treees were not anymore. Also used flamethrower. Not bad. If everything looked as good as fire behaviour I would be much happier.

Upvote 0