• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scope aim sensitivity.

Jagdwyre

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
After playing with the scoped rifles in RS2 for a bit I found them to be noticeably harder to use well compared to RO2 or other games that have 3D scopes. My first assumptions were that due to dropping frames while scoping in(expected but probably worse than it should be given the performance problems here and there in the beta) and sight wobble(a good mechanic I don't have a problem with) were just throwing off my aim. But something still didn't "feel" right about using scopes in RS2, even at 50 meters a 3 or 4x scope should be able to hold it's own against iron sights but it doesn't feel like the case in game for me.

After doing some testing and comparing similar scope magnifications between RO2 and RS2(both games feature optics in the 3-4 power range) I found that aimed scope sensitivity in RS2 is significantly lower than it is in RO2, seemingly by a good 50%(RO2 optics feel twice as fast, they turned about twice the distance across my mouse pad compared to RS2).

Because of this I'd like to see scope aim sensitivity increase in RS2, ideally I'd want a separate sensitivity slider for optics but seeing as no TWI game(including KF2) features such an option I'd just be happy if the sensitivity was brought to parity with RO2's sensitivity.

One other small issue I have with scopes in RS2 is they feel a little too slow to get into "ADS" with, scopes aren't really much harder to bring up to your eye than irons sight are(which also require you lining both the rear and front sights correctly).

Other than that the recoil, misalignment when moving or leaning, and sight wobble feel pretty solid to me.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a bug, but it's harder to rest scoped rifles on obstacles and the ground. You have to hold them lower than the other weapons in order to do this. It makes aiming harder, especially when your enemy isn't placed on your ground level.
One time, I was shooting at US soldiers with the SVD on Song Be when proning and I noticed that my weapon wasn't resting. I switched to the TT and it was stabilized. I think it's rather odd.

Here's an example from the shooting range. Pay attention to the bipod icon.
https://vid.me/QtaW

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DieFledermaus;n2290559 said:
I absolutely hate the American sniper rifles, they bob all over the place. My toon must have REALLY weak arms. I found them totally unusable, any hits were based entirely on luck.
Holding shift will make them extremely steady temporarily, also bracing your weapon on cover significantly reduces it. Overall the wobble isn't really that bad at all, I mean you're looking through a magnified optic so any small movement of your weapon is, well, magnified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DieFledermaus;n2290559 said:
I absolutely hate the American sniper rifles, they bob all over the place. My toon must have REALLY weak arms. I found them totally unusable, any hits were based entirely on luck.

Vietnamese or american scopes, they all shake and wobble like mad, almost giving the user a good seasickness. Scopes swaying should be steady and calm, not like its a fly flying around a lamp.
Now of course the stance of the character affects the sway, but still...

Last edited:
Upvote 0