• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wave 6 Feedback

heathen

Sep 26, 2016
1. Recoil is just about perfect now after giving it a really good run this wave. The PPS 43 is flat out too good at the moment. Even at long range, its a beast and needs to be tamed down if Scouts get it. I initially thought the AK was too accurate at auto but was wrong, the M16 is really strong at range full auto but I think it is evened out by the mag size quite well.

2. Give Squad leaders a pistol and smoke to add to whichever class they pick. They should spawn quicker than non squad leaders, as it is, going squad leader is so important and at the moment, you get penalized fun wise for choosing it.

3. I would give the Vietcong Scouts the SKS and give the PPS to the commander, that would bring them into line with the US pointman as the pointman has a weaker gun overall and the SKS is weaker than the AK while giving the VC commander a unique gun like the US commander.

4. Sapper mines might need to be nerfed somehow, they will become a problem if people start to use them well.

5. The Grenadier/Sapper/RPG roles are absolutely spot on, they are so much fun to play and seem to be balanced well so far.

6. The commanders are really done as well, the surprise wave is a very clever idea, the SAM is great. The only thing I think they need to do is to be able to spawn on a radio man, that would be a great addition.

7. The Tripwire grenades are really well done, balanced well as they are relatively easy to see but strong in the right spots.

8. Distance for tunnels to Spawn point A and G need to be further away as VC can get into point within about 3-4 seconds of spawning

9. When changing sides, Do it straight away so you dont have to wait a whole minute.

10. When the server first loads up a map, wait 30 seconds at least before allowing spawns, some caps are being done before the majority of people have spawned.

11. An Lao needs to have more tickets as it is quite often over within 5 minutes. Needs to be clearer, Maybe use the system from COH. Have VP's that count down and a counter showing how many points are being lost or gained per minute based on areas controlled.

12. Replace the capturing Icon to something similar in clarity as the bandaging.

13. Save the Skirmish mode for a release package after the territory maps, focus on nailing that really well and then have a content update a year later with the skirmish mode.

14. Tone down death noises for time being, make sure you keep some of the death noises from RS1 as they will work well in RS2 and mean more diversity in sound.

15. Put a numerical value on the Mouse Sensitivity so we can tell what our settings are exactly.

16. Changed my mind on suppression, its good as is at the moment.

17. Make the beta paid only participation if you finish all the audio for it. Start selling copies now, only people who buy a copy should now get access to the game.

18. Allow people to buy cosmetic upgrades with money rather than force people to level them up.

19. Holy fu ck are the maps beautiful, great work. The level of detail is incredible, this game is jaw droppingly good at 4k. Way to get the most out of UE3. I can't wait to see what you guys can do with UE4.

20. Watching the Napalm and Artillery fall is just spectacular, great work.

Overall, this game is so much fun. I haven't had this much fun in a game for a very long time. We are looking at the pinnacle of the Unreal Engine 3 here. There is so much long term playability because there are so many fun classes. The best thing about this game is that it is going to get so much better as well with new maps being made for it with custom content. The squad systems and classes are just so well done, this game is going to be a hit. Start forcing people to purchase the game now so they can play the beta for wave 7, make some money and don't release it to retail until its as bug free as possible.

First impressions so important, people are unable to get their head around what a beta means. If someone plays the Beta after purchasing the game and doesn't like it, when you release it, you have a second and final shot at impressing them. If they haven't purchased the game, you likely have lost them forever if they haven't already bought it.

I'm pumped for Wave 7.