• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you guys use. Single fire or auto?

What do you guys use. Single fire or auto?

• Single fire

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Auto

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Both, depending on situation

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

kuky90

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
So I was bad at first it was hard to control recoil but then i switched most of weapons to semi auto or single fire and now we can speak. Yeah sometimes I would switch to full auto but it's rare, it only when i am inside of building or when i have to close combat. But M16 with single fire is damn sniper.

So what do you guys use? Are you just spraying auto or more accurate singe fire?

Jagdwyre;n2284066 said:
If more people are wanting to use semi-auto more often(or single shots in general for people who leave it on auto) then they've done the gunplay right as far as I'm concerned. An assault rifle's most useful fire mode in the real world is semi-auto, NOT full auto.

Yeah and thats is good. Its hard to hit on more than 20m with full auto. Played a lot of Squad and know semi auto way to go.

Upvote 0
I use the 'default in semi auto' option for realism. 99% of the time I use semi auto because full auto is asinine in most cases. It's used wrongly by most anyways.

DigTw0Grav3s;n2284034 said:
I keep the rifles on automatic and try to police myself to two-round bursts.. unless I'm up close, in which case it's rock and roll.

such as this, no offense meant

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2 round bursts. The reason is that firing in scenarios that require just a shot could require a different technique than firing in auto mode.

Say you're in the prone and an enemy is running across at 75m away -- you will most likely go semi, place your sights a few steps in front of him and shoot as he's about to 'touch' the front sight post. Staying in semi helps you do a follow up shot if you miss, but a two or more round burst would mean mean time in realigning your sights to try again.

Upvote 0