• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it me or does the US tend to lose?

Cu Chi is unbalanced mainly due to their being not enough tickets. Map issue there. And I think their SAM cooldown is very fast.

Song be well, in Supremacy the US need more team work to win. They have to have good pilots to fly, spotting all the tunnels, landing people in the right place (which doesn't mean D all the time) and a good Cobra that can deliver fast strikes at any time. Not fire off all your rockets in one go then crash out in the middle of no where.

The US has got to get rid of those tunnels. It sets the VC back quite a bit.

The transport helicopters can also land at A and B. What that does is land troops at the cap zones which will cut off the enemy. Supremacy is a points game mode. Where each territory is worth a certain amount of points over time. All the territories are connected. You break that connection they get no points.

The Loach is the main tool at spotting tunnels. Though all infantry passively spot tunnels as well if they are close and in your field of view.

That fire support has to be used. Each one has their own individual cooldowns so you can use all 3 in one go if you like. Just make sure you use it.

Squad leaders gotta be placing down marks at all time. Either with the traditional ways or with the purple smoke.

The Cobra is one of the best tools for getting rid of tunnels. Combined with the loach to spot them. If a tunnel is spotted then that 40mm grenade launcher is brilliant at taking them out. Just remember in the helicopter your rounds will fall in front of your sights if you are moving at speed.

A well coordinated US team is a very powerful force. Very hard to see it in these public beta's. As everyone is very new.

Upvote 0
I have not played the beta and so I cant comment on what might be hard facts. Those are things like weapons balancing, map balancing etc.

Beside that there is also a more social aspect that could be a reason for it. The US are probably more "popular" by style. That is also somewhat the case in RS. That means that a lot of people want to play on the US side. You will often see that experienced and skilled players will often try to find a challenge. So in the history of RO, a lot of good players choose to play on sides that were not exactly in the favor of a map.

Upvote 0
It's like this:
Noobies go into the game thinking the Americans have the technical advantage in weapons and equipment. That's why you end up with a bunch of lousy players taking all the US spots while the seasoned players end up as the NLF or NVA, killing the hell out of the Americans.

It the noobies thought the NVA had the better equipment then the NVA would be losing all the time.

Upvote 0
First day only Vietcong would win but after people got used to maps and tactics ive seen good fights and both sides to win. What is needed is teamwork and good squad leaders on USA side. Squad leader that know he is spawn point, and does not rush or die. So his squad can spawn on him. When i am SL i go on flank and simply defend my position from there, while me squad attack.

But Cu Chi last objective is hard to take. Why too hard.

Reactions: exhausted
Upvote 0
(THIS IS MAINLY IN REGARDS TO CU CHI)
I personally believe that the reason the US loses more is often because of the tactics used by the players on said team, or the lack of them. The VC obviously uses guerrilla tactics, which supports more of a lone wolf, less cohesive structure. They can hide in tunnels, sit in corners, and wait on rooftops and in the bushes for their targets to expose themselves. This isn't necessarily easier, but it relies more on the players' skills and their own patience.

The US, on the other hand (the faction I enjoy playing the most when teamwork is used), is a whole different deal. The only times we won while playing as the US was when we worked (and stuck) together. Most of the time, SL's are thought of only as mobile spawn points, however I think they serve as the vocal point and rally point for their squad. Here's my idea of the ideal SL. - Many players in RS2 don't talk through their microphones (which is fine, personally I talk in chat), however there are usually 4-10 players who will talk (or chat) often. When said players play SL, they can talk to the TL and coordinate with them. They can also get their squad to focus and rally/stick with them, so they can cover each other's blindspots and flank or whatever they are trying to accomplish. It's less taxing on skill and more taxing on teamwork.

When the squad sticks together, and the TL ultimately is vocal with the SL's and gives them guidance when needed, we were successful.
----------------------
To sum it up, I like how this whole system works. I think the game requires a lot more cohesion from the SL's and their squads than it did in RO2/RS1, and it doesn't just rely on the TL anymore, making it more fun for that player to play said position.

Honestly, Cu Chi is a hard map to win on as the US. I like the challenge of it, and while maybe it wouldn't be chosen often if a large scale territory mode like the old game comes out, it forces players to adapt to the circumstances and work together.

Upvote 0
I believe more smoke, arty camping and a high level of coordination should overcome the VC's options. They can use artillery, but only in one place at a time. They can use tunnels to spawn in different directions (relative to US), but smoke can cover US movements. They can camp inside the building -- this is really what it should come down to. Can the US break their hold once getting to G?

Upvote 0
Hi there.I play the beta since 2 days now, only in territory mode for the moment. I agree with some of you about the difficulties to attack. And thats not about all the players fault. If you need to have the best players, the best squads and pilots to win or attack properly, it means there is a problem. I played as a squad leader, use the voip and communicate a lot. Squad members have followed my lead and that was fun ( and of course worked fine ). But the majority of players don't play like this. You can think this is just about the new arrival of players on this licence. That is not totaly wrong. But this is absolutly not totaly right. Many of beta testers are old RO/RS players, and you just have to play RS with japanese to understand this is closely the same as in RS2 today. If you take the time to understand what's going on that hard games, you will see attackers takes an objective, then try to get the second and very often lose the first one. And repeat the process again and again. of course, if you have good players with good squads and good pilotes, you will be able to do something. But to be honest it rarely happens. For me ( and my mates ), one major problem is about the respawn time for defenders. It is too fast ( between 0 and 5 seconds ) and avoids attackers to hold the captured area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its mainly squad tunnels and or respawn time that is probably the biggest issue. Some maps allow those tunnels way to close and in evil places where its quite hard to get at them. Ie, they spawn folks on a flank with no good way to get at them. Thinking HUE on the river being a prime example going for C. Or hill at certain places. With hill however, if choppers where not flying drunk the AH1 could handle that.

Upvote 0
I have seen that a good American team can win on most of the maps, but on Cu Chi, they rarely get pass the A objective. I think with the amount of inexperienced people not really knowing yet how the game works they are mostly on the losing side.

Many also do not seem to know that on Cu Chi, you can easily flank far left into the rice fields, a few smoke grenades and the commander can call in artillery if a SL manages to get a artillery mark behind the A building and you can take A.

Upvote 0
Oh and the typical rambo SL's on US side. It is now more critical than ever to NOT die and let squad spawn in as an SL when squad tunnels are used well by the other guys. Might also make sense to make a new class of artillery spotter, his only job being to mark targets. Like just 1 guy for the attacking side and only where it makes sense on map. Perhaps able to mark 2 spots instead of one. Should help lessen the burden on SL's. ALthough with SO many slots for squads, maybe not. You could fill every squad slot with a guy marking targets I guess.

Upvote 0
Flashburn;n2287494 said:
Oh and the typical rambo SL's on US side. It is now more critical than ever to NOT die and let squad spawn in as an SL when squad tunnels are used well by the other guys. Might also make sense to make a new class of artillery spotter, his only job being to mark targets. Like just 1 guy for the attacking side and only where it makes sense on map. Perhaps able to mark 2 spots instead of one. Should help lessen the burden on SL's. ALthough with SO many slots for squads, maybe not. You could fill every squad slot with a guy marking targets I guess.

You know what with the purple smokes an artillery spotter class may not be a bad idea. Purple smokes can get extremely good marks. However for a squad leader it's too risky. You can often get the smoke out as an SL but you're likely be dead in the next 10 seconds.

Reactions: NorthDumpling
Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2287501 said:
You know what with the purple smokes an artillery spotter class may not be a bad idea. Purple smokes can get extremely good marks. However for a squad leader it's too risky. You can often get the smoke out as an SL but you're likely be dead in the next 10 seconds.

It seems to boil down to be a mobile spawn point or get killed trying to mark targets right now as SL. Back in RO2/RS it was greater risk to mark targets and be a spawn but more doable. Now surviving it....not so good. Feels like be a spawn or be a suicidal spotter.

Upvote 0