• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server I would like to create my own Server, but how?

Wittmann's Way

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2011
Hey everybody,
Its Wittmann. I decided that it was now time for me to create my own server, and I have been messing around with RO for a few days now trying to get it working-which isn't happening. Can any of you help and tell me how to set-up a server?
This is what I have been doing:
I have been going to "Host Game" and then selecting the map I want (Arad). After that I go to the Game and Server settings and change all of those to fit my needs. The part where I think I'm going wrong at is when I choose to become either a "dedicated" or "listening" server. I have no idea what the difference or meaning of those. So I have tried both on numerous occassions, and the game starts.
The only problem(I think), is that I will be in a game, by myself, and I will go to the Server Broswer and see that my Server name ( Wittmann's Way) is not on there! So I must not be online or connected to the server thigny???

If any of you could PLEASE tell me how to set up my own server where other people besides myself can play on, and that can be seen from the Server Browser, please respond.

Thank you. Live long and Prosper, until my 8.8cm hit ya

You are going about it the correct way. Just make sure you are not creating a LAN server. Also the difference between listen and dedicated is a listen server is created on the fly from your machine and will shut down when you shut down your game. A dedicated server will run continuously as long as you have the computer running the dedicated running. Also there are more options for you to mess with on a dedicated server which I am sure you can find in other posts. If you are running a listen server and try to go to the internet browser, it may shut down the server. So make sure to run a dedicated internet server if you want to check it in the browser. If it is still not there then definitly follow major day's advice and check your ports.

Regards,

Upvote 0