• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server How to find the root of crashes?

bazookatooth

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
Hello,

Our server is crashing quite often. We are not sure of the exact reason, but I am curious if there is a method for seeing the exact commands that were executed on the server before the crash.

What is the best approach to finding the root of a crash?

This is on a dedicated box ..We have access to everything.

Last edited:
Do you create a server log? -log=ServerLog.log

If so, if you use something like TCAdmin, don't have your server automatically restarted because it overwrites that file upon restart. There may be some useful information in there.

Hmmm. I don't know if time or date parameters (eg %time) can be used in the command line or the config file. If they could then perhaps the log file could be named something like ServerLog%time.log. Then they wouldn't overwrite each other.

Upvote 0
Do you create a server log? -log=ServerLog.log

If so, if you use something like TCAdmin, don't have your server automatically restarted because it overwrites that file upon restart. There may be some useful information in there.

Hmmm. I don't know if time or date parameters (eg %time) can be used in the command line or the config file. If they could then perhaps the log file could be named something like ServerLog%time.log. Then they wouldn't overwrite each other.

thanks for the tip on the logs, I think i figured out how it is being crashed...

Upvote 0