• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Thank God for RO server owners and admins

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
<rant>
One thing that has always stood out about the RO community has been the maturity level and the respect given amongst its server owners/admins and players. Spend a day or two in the KF server section.:rolleyes: Geeeshhh. The mis-information, the repetitive questions, the whining, the boasting, the posturing.......I have to come over here every so often just to clear my head.

While I hope that RO:HOS is a total and complete succes and I'm happy with the succes of KFs, I just pray that RO:HOS's dedicated server section doesn't stoop to the KF level.
</rant>

There I feel better al ready........

yep, they accused me (with "no offence" marking of course ;) )that my auto install execs are dangerous and I should get rid of them mirroring maps only in rar and zip formats. I tried to explain from how long RO.pl is doing it for RO Community but it does not count for them as I see, even when some wonderful peeps from RO Community standed in my defence :(
I think there are more "CS" players there and we can do nothing about that...

Upvote 0
Floyd, my son and I have had a great time on your KF server. BartBear, I only use the exe's on your site.

While there obviously are mature people over in the KF section of the forums, the overall level of it seems much lower than that of the RO sections.
Glad to hear you are enjoying them. I've made some changes and hope I don't drive everyone away.......

Nice having you on the other day. My son is off to college this fall, so no more jousts with him. :( He went pro with CoD a few years back and left his old man in the dust. (At least I got some of the spoils of battle....he gave me a 22in monitor last year..he'd already won two of them :rolleyes:) Enjoy them while you have them....they leave too soon (and just when they are getting the most interesting :cool:)

Upvote 0