• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Running RO Steam Achievements On Your Server

We'll add support for ServerColor.u and HeerWinter.u...

At the time of writing this, I was not aware that ServerColor.u was a generated file. The purpose of the White List is to only allow specific versions of .u files to run along side RO Achievements. Since the file is generated, everyone will have a different version of the .u file, which means we simply can not support it.

We're sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, those are the facts, there is no way for us to support it.

Upvote 0
We are not sure when the new White List will be available on Steam, we are working out the details currently.

From my understanding of the ServerColor.u modification, the file it generates sets the name for your Server with the colors, so there is no way for all servers to use just one .u file. We simply can not support ServerColor.u with RO Achievements while ensuring the security of the Achievements system. We are sorry about this, but our hands are tied.

Thank you for understanding.

Upvote 0
servercolor.u and servercolor.ucl are generated, but as well could be included in package from web - those ones are always the same, the name (and color's control symbols) is stored in servercolor.ini... So I don't think why this shouldn't work :)

What do you mean "could be included in package from web"? There is a .u file that doesn't have to be generated that allows Admins to set up their server's names and colors in ServerColor.ini? Where can I download this package? We can add support for a single version of any .u file.

I have downloaded the zip that Zetsumei has linked me to, but it doesn't have any .u files in it, it seems to only be the file generator.

Upvote 0
I had noticed that a number of servers had Stats running and had colorized server names. I assume a number of admins have figured out what Major_Day has just said. In light of this, in order to avoid any confusion, we are going to keep ServerColor.u off of the White List. We will instead explain that Server Colors can be done using the method he described.

Thanks for the information Major_Day.

Upvote 0
I am sorry that we can not support the mutator. Unfortunately, as I said before, we can add support for a single version of any .u file.

It does not sound as though there is a single version of ServerColor.u that will work for all servers. If someone can come up a single version of the file that will work for everyone, we will gladly add it.

As server admins, I hope you guys can appreciate the fact that this is a security issue. Nobody wants someone breaking into their server and we do not want people breaking into our Achievements system. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Upvote 0
Can you get an update of the mutators/files that will get on the whilelist?

When do we get this update?

Because its a lot of work to remove all mutators and the maps that are not running with this mutators from the servers! And if we get the update very soon, this work is not necessary!

Servercolor: I never compiled a new ServerColor.u and ServerColor.ucl file. Once compiled i use this files for so many servers and never get an error. Only the ServerColor.ini and the server-file must be changed!

Here is the package i used:

http://www.pzdf-clan.de/ro/zip/servercolor.rar

Maybe it is possible to use it with the achievements!

Upvote 0
Please excuse my ignorance. I have what is probably a very simple question, since I'm new at this. I recently set up a server via a game hosting company. Apparently I don't have the Achievements active on my server (no star next to the server name). I am running no mutators. How do I install the Achievements? Or do I have to wait for or ask the hosting service to update my server. I know for a fact that other servers from the same company have the Achievements active.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Platfuss: We are working on the updated White List. Please be patient as we work out all the details. There are a number of fixes that must be done in this update aside from the White List. We also thoroughly test all updates, so the updated White List will not be coming in the next couple weeks.

Yaroslav: Achievements will try to run by default. Please make sure that your server is VAC Secured. Also, there is a minor glitch that will cause the Star not to show up next to your server until someone has connected to it at least once. We are attempting to fix this issue, but please bear with us in the mean time.

Upvote 0
Please excuse my ignorance. I have what is probably a very simple question, since I'm new at this. I recently set up a server via a game hosting company. Apparently I don't have the Achievements active on my server (no star next to the server name). I am running no mutators. How do I install the Achievements? Or do I have to wait for or ask the hosting service to update my server. I know for a fact that other servers from the same company have the Achievements active.

Thanks for the help.

Make sure that in the Redorchestra.ini (or in the commandline) this is set to True

bVACSecured=True

Ask your server host to run a Steam update, to make sure the server files are updated to the latest version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0