Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Running RO Steam Achievements On Your Server

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running RO Steam Achievements On Your Server

Basic Info For Server Admins
    So, the latest update for RO has incorporated Steam Achievements. This could bring a slew of people back to RO, but there is a bit of information about the new system that RO Server Admins need to be aware of. Basically, the new RO Steam Achievements system attempts to run on every RO server, but may or may not be allowed to run.

There are a couple requirements for a server to be allowed to give out Steam Achievements: the server must be VAC Secured and servers must only have supported code/mutators running(more info below). If Stats are successfully enabled on your server, a Gold Star will show up next to your server in RO's Server Browser.

Additionally, in order for players to progress toward unlocking Achievements or to unlock Achievements on your Stats enabled server, there must be 16 Human Players connected. The Gold Star in RO's Server Browser will show up even if there are not yet 16 Human Players connected to your server, but no progress will be made toward unlocking Achievements until 16 Human Players have connected to your server.

Mutator Support
    In order to keep things as secure as possible, we have had to create a White List of Mutators that are allowed to run along-side Red Orchestra's Steam Achievements. This does not mean that Red Orchestra will not function if you have a mutator running that is not White Listed, it simply means that Steam Achievements will not be able to be unlocked by people playing on your server. An important note about this White List is that it is specific to a VERSION of the mutator.

When you launch your server, you will notice some new notifications that start with STEAMSTATS. This is the new system updating you on the Status of Steam Achievements on your server.

If everything starts up fine and all loaded mutators pass the check, you will get the following line:
    STEAMSTATS: Stats Are Now Enabled When Human Player Count > 16

If RO had an issue connecting to Steam or your server is not set as VAC Secure, you will get the following line:
    SECURITY CHECK FAILED - Steam not Ready or Server not VAC Secure

If a mutator failed the check, you will get one or more lines similar to the following:
    STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../System/MyMutator.u

If you would like Steam Achievements to work on your server, then for every mutator that failed the check you must either get the correct version of the file, or remove the file from your mutator list if it is not on the White List of files below.

Mutator White List
    AHMT_ROVEHICLES.U
    AHZ_ROGUNS.U
    AHZ_ROVEHICLES_TWO.U
    CCCORE.U
    CCENGINE.U
    CO_ISU152_BETAONE.U
    CO_ISU152_FINAL.U
    CO_STUGIIIG_BETAONE.U
    DEMORECORD42.U
    EH-M43_MOD.U
    EH-M43UNIFORMS.U
    EH-MACHINEGUNMOD.U
    EH-MACHINEGUN2MOD.U
    EH-MG42_MOD.U
    EH-MG_MOD.U
    DIVH_ROVEHICLES.U
    G_HEER1KOLNOMOD.U
    G_HEER2KOLNOMOD.U
    G_LATE1STANDARDMOD.U
    G_LATE2STANDARDMOD.U
    G_LATE3STANDARDMOD.U
    G_LATE4STANDARDMOD.U
    G_LATE5STANDARDMOD.U
    G_M43OAKCAMO1SSMOD.U
    G_M43OAKCAMO2SSMOD.U
    G_M43OAKCAMO3SSMOD.U
    G_M43OAKCAMO4SSMOD.U
    G_M43OAKCAMO5SSMOD.U
    G_M43STANDARD1SSMOD.U
    G_M43STANDARD2SSMOD.U
    G_M43STANDARD3SSMOD.U
    G_M43STANDARD4SSMOD.U
    G_M43STANDARD5SSMOD.U
    HEERWINTER.U
    KOLNO_C.U
    LIBHTTP4.U
    MOZ_BDJCAMO_01.U
    MUTROBLACKOUT.U
    MUTROHUDPACKAGE.U
    PZB783ROLES.U
    R_LATE1GREATCOATMOD.U
    R_LATE2GREATCOATMOD.U
    R_LATE3GREATCOATMOD.U
    R_LATE4GREATCOATMOD.U
    R_LATE5GREATCOATMOD.U
    R_LATE1STANDARDMOD.U
    R_LATE2STANDARDMOD.U
    R_LATE3STANDARDMOD.U
    R_LATE4STANDARDMOD.U
    R_LATE5STANDARDMOD.U
    R_RKKASPRING1KOLNOMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATAMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATBMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATCMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATDMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATEMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATFMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATGMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATHMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATIMOD.U
    RKKA_M41PADDEDCOATJMOD.U
    RKKA_M41TELOGREIKAUNIFORMS.U
    RMS_WEAPONS.U
    RMSMUT.U
    ROCAHUD.U
    ROMUTATOR.U
    RONG.U
    ROTEAMREADY.U
    ROTEAMSWAP.U
    SATCHELPICKUP.U
    SERVERADSSE.U
    SERVEREXT.U
    SERVEREXTCLIENTA.U
    SERVEREXTCLIENTB_2.U
    SERVEREXTOL.U
    SHK_MORTAR_BETATWO.U
    SHK_MORTAR_BETATHREE.U
    SPAWNLIMIT32A.U
    VOLKSSTURM.U
    VS1MOD.U
    VS2MOD.U
    VS3MOD.U
    VS4MOD.U
    VS5MOD.U
    VS6MOD.U
    WAFFENSSCAMO44.U
    WAFFENSSWINTER.U
    WELTSTANKSKINS5.U
    WELTSTANKSKINS6.U
    WELTSTANKSKINS7.U
    WHWINTER1MOD.U
    WHWINTER2MOD.U
    WHWINTER3MOD.U
    WHWINTER4MOD.U
    WHWINTER5MOD.U
    WHWINTER6MOD.U
    WHWINTER7MOD.U
    WHWINTER8MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44_1MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44_2MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44_3MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44_4MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44_5MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44_6MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44TANKER1MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44TANKER2MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44TANKER3MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44TANKER4MOD.U
    WSSCAMO44TANKER5MOD.U
    WSSWINTER1MOD.U
    WSSWINTER2MOD.U
    WSSWINTER3MOD.U
    WSSWINTER4MOD.U
    WSSWINTER5MOD.U
    WSSWINTER6MOD.U
    WSSWINTER7MOD.U
    WSSWINTER8MOD.U
    WSSWINTERTANKER1MOD.U
    WUTILS105.U
    XBANMUT_V02B.U

Download Locations for Supported Versions
    NOTE: (X) indicates a number or letter specifier for a set of packages

http://files.filefront.com/EH+M43+Mo.../fileinfo.html

Download Links for EH-MachineGunMod.U, EH-MG42_Mod.u, and EH-MG_Mod.u

Direct Download v110 of LibHTTP4.u, ServerExt.u, ServerExtClientA.u, ServerExtClientB_2.u, ServerExtOL.u, and wUtils105.u

Download ROCA Hud mod: ROCAHud.u

Direct Download of ServerAdsSE: ServerAdsSE.u

Direct Download of Ro Hud Mutator: MutROHudPackage.u

Direct Download of Team swap mutator by crube: ROTeamSwap.u

Direct Download of XBan Mutator: XBanMut_v02b.u

Direct Download of WSSWinter(X)MOD.u

Most other packages on the list were downloaded from the Polish Red Orchestra Map Repository

Additional Help
    Please let us know if you have any issues and we will do our best to resolve them quickly. We would like to see most, if not all Red Orchestra servers supporting Steam Achievements.

I developed Break Blocks, a Charitable Indie Game, Check It Out! Also available on iPhone/iPad/iTouch!

So excuse my ignorance.....but I rent a server. Where will I see these files being rejected errr Steam Stats.

Where will I see Steam Stats and stuff being rejected?

For that matter, where will I see this new "Stats" thing be active? Its not really a mutator is it? I didnt see it in my list of mutators.

Im so confused. You world frightens and confuses me.
    Last edited by ro50pc; 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM.
    [B][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/B]
    [B][50pc.]_B_Man[/B]
    [B][URL="http://www.ro50pc.com"]www.ro50pc.com[/URL][/B]

Comment

Please add to the 'White List' an harmless server color mutator (in web browser) because there is a problem with ServerColor.u file, and there are some servers which are using it... If U want to check it please do here
      THX in advance

p.s. WOW I crossed the line now I'm a 'Senior Member'
      Last edited by BartBear; 03-12-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ro50pc View Post
        So excuse my ignorance.....but I rent a server. Where will I see these files being rejected errr Steam Stats.

For that matter, where will I see this new "Stats" thing be active? Its not really a mutator is it? I didnt see it in my list of mutators.

Correct servers have a star infront of them.

You can see what files are rejected either in the log file or directly in the console of said server.

Comment

Originally posted by ro50pc View Post

You'll find it in the server log file.

I notice that running Carpathian Crosses appears to cause the Steamstats: Security Check to fail, too.
          Last edited by Floyd; 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

BartBear said:
            "Please add to the 'White List' an harmless server color mutator (in web browser) because there is a problem with ServerColor.u file, and there are some servers which are using it... If U want to check it please do here
            THX in advance"

I agree Bart, ServerColor is harmless and should be added to the whitelist.
            Some ppl don't approve of it, but everybody should be free to choose whether to use it or not.
            Last edited by Major_Day; 03-12-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

If anything i would prefer servercolor to be hardblocked :P.

CCEngine.u and CCCore.u would be nice to have so servers that got CC maps but run a Normal RO map can have achievements.

Comment

So any CC lines in the RO ini will not allow steam achievements to work?

eg:
                [Default CC MaplistRecord]
                DefaultTitle=Default CC
                DefaultGameType=CCEngine.CCTeamGame
                DefaultActive=0
                <gc:list

text="%mapcycle%">Default<gc:value>
                </gc:list>

Paths=../CC/System/*.u
                Paths=../CC/Maps/*.rom
                Paths=../CC/Textures/*.utx
                Paths=../CC/Sounds/*.uax
                Paths=../CC/Music/*.umx
                Paths=../CC/StaticMeshes/*.usx
                Paths=../CC/Animations/*.ukx
                Paths=../CC/Saves/*.uvx

GameConfig=(GameClass="CCEngine.CCTeamGame",Prefix ="RO",Acronym="ROCC",
                GameName="Red Orchestra(CC)",Mutators="NONE",Options=)

Games=(GameType="CCEngine.CCTeamGame",ActiveMaplis t="Default CC")

Any other CC lines to look for,I've taken out all according to the CC manual?

Comment

You can just wait till they add cc support for normal maps :\.

Comment

Some files missing on the while list:

servercolor.u
                    HeerWinter.u
                    aHMT_ROVehicles.u
                    DVScopedPickups.u

Would be nice if they get on the list!
                    Last edited by Plattfuss; 03-13-2009, 09:55 AM.
                    [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://redorchestra.pzdf-clan.de"]Red Orchestra German Community[/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

We'll add support for ServerColor.u and HeerWinter.u, but can you please explain what aHMT_ROVehicles.u and DVScopedPickups.u are and/or link me to a descriptive web site.

Also, please link me to a download of ServerColor.u so we may add it.

The rest are available on red.orchestra.pl, so we will be using the version from that site, if/when we add support for the files.

I developed Break Blocks, a Charitable Indie Game, Check It Out! Also available on iPhone/iPad/iTouch!

Comment

Well I directed you to servercolor package in this post:
                        Originally posted by BartBear View Post
                        Please add to the 'White List' an harmless server color mutator (in web browser) because there is a problem with ServerColor.u file, and there are some servers which are using it... If U want to check it please do here
                        about DVScopedPickups.u: this mut makes sniper rifles (in original version) to be pickable from 'stocks' like satchels or PanzerFausts it was created for AlteZiegelei map here it is in our repository

Comment

servercolor.u was in this original list here:
                          http://www.redorchestragame.com/foru...ad.php?t=29582

although the issue possibly being that it creates a seperate .u file depending on the colors you take. Basically it got a .u generator.

Comment

The aHMT_ROVehicles contains the Tiger1E (Tiger 217 Carius) which is one of the best vehicles in RO. It is used on so many wintermaps (first on MuddyTigers and NarvaMarch). Here is a picture:

The aHMT_ROVehicles can be downloaded at RO-Poland!

Here are two packages that would set on the list:

CO_StugIIIG_BetaOne.u

CO_ISU152_Final.u (BetaOne is on the list, why not the final?)
                            Last edited by Plattfuss; 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM.
                            [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://redorchestra.pzdf-clan.de"]Red Orchestra German Community[/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Xienen View Post
                              We'll add support for ServerColor.u and HeerWinter.u, but can you please explain what aHMT_ROVehicles.u and DVScopedPickups.u are and/or link me to a descriptive web site.

Also, please link me to a download of ServerColor.u so we may add it.

The rest are available on red.orchestra.pl, so we will be using the version from that site, if/when we add support for the files.
                              http://www.proasm.com/

Click on the blue Unreal Tournament 2004 icon on the left, and you'll find it

Direct download: http://www.proasm.com/files/ServerColor.zip
                              Last edited by Major_Day; 03-13-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X