• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows/Linux Dedicated Server Manual Draft

Paulski

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Canada
www.comrades-in-arms.com
Ok guys, here is a manual with all you need... Now this is just a draft version before we send it out to the PDF workshop, some things still may change.

what I need you guys to do, is read it over, see if it makes sense, where are you having major problems, what is completly wrong.

PS. we know there is some issue with linux server, Ramm/ryan are looking into it.

http://thrillerknights.com/downloads/DedicatedServerSetupGuide.zip

Last edited:
Hi Paulski,

great work!....

I'm reading, trying and testing and fooling around. One thing I came up with is your linux server startup command. You are using ?game=ROGame.ROTeamGame. When I use this, the following comes up:

Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame'
Failed to find object 'Class ROGame.ROTeamGame'

When using ?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame (I read somewhere in a post) it doesn't gives those Failed warnings.

Maybe it is something.

When I added the multi admin system, I noticed I couldn't log in with my 'normal' web admin account. It changed to Admin/Admin. I couldn't find that in your manual, maybe an idea to add that in the Multiple Admins section? And maybe a reference to XAdmin.ini for those who want to know everything about how things work :)

Greetings,
Walker

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This document is very helpful. Thank you! I've discovered a
couple of errors/oddities while quickly looking through it:

Page 6:
1. To download/update RO:OST run the command:
./steam -command update -game redorchestra -dir ~/hlds/ROOST -username <SteamAccount> -password <SteamPassword>
There's no need for user/pass. This is sufficient:
./steam -command update -game redorchestra -dir ~/hlds/ROOST
This probably also applies to the Windows installation procedure.

Page 19:
FFartyScale = 1.0-10.0, while default value is given as 0.25. Similar
for FFExplosivesScale which has a default of 0.5, and I suppose
the same applies to FriendlyFireScale too?

SpawnProtectionTime: Can't find this setting in default.ini

Upvote 0
If you plan to run a server with multiple administrators you need to change a setting in RedOrchestra.ini.
In your RedOrchestra.ini change the following
AccessControlClass=Engine.AccessControl
To
AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni

my ini file is called server.ini I assume that is fine ....Do i change the line under engin.gameinfo

Ok so after that I dont know where to declair the individual admins ......

also should there be a "." before the ini like this XAdmin.AccessControl.Ini and do i create a file by that name and decliar them there

Upvote 0