• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Port Config

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
I am going to sticky this so everyone knows:

7757 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7758 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7767 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28902 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20610 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Updated April 11, 2008:

With the recent switch to the Steam backend, if you are running more than 1 server per IP, you will need to make sure that you have some additional ports open beyond the default RO ports. If you change the default Game Port from 7757, this change will be reflected in the Master Server Port (28902) and the Steam Port (20610) as well. For instance, if you change your game port to 7767 (10 more than the default), then your Master Server Port will be 28912 (10 more than default) and your Steam port will be 20620 (10 more than default).

Ok in order:

7757 UDP/IP (Game Port) - You can change this
7758 UDP/IP (Query Port) - This will be whatever the game port is + 1 (i.e. if game port is 7757, this is 7758)
7767 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port) - - This will be whatever the game port is + 10 (i.e. if game port is 7757, this is 7758)
28902 TCP/IP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser) - You can't currently change this
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on) - You can change this
20610 UDP/IP (Steam Port) - You can't currently change this

With that said, if your running multiple server instances on the same machine, rather than changing ports you should be using multihome in your commandline. Multihome is used when you have multiple server instances on the same machine to specify the IP of the server. So for instance if you had two servers running on one machine you would specify the different IP addresses for the two servers using multihome. The syntax is as follows:

-multihome=<ipaddress>

Upvote 0
TempNZ said:
It would be nicer if you could change ports, ISPs may charge for extra IP addresses, whereas you can use all the ports on the ones you have. I don't think the multihome solution is very well thought out.

Just my 2c.

That should more than likely be brought to the attention of epic?
www.epicgames.com

As far as I know, most dedicated servers come with multiple IP's. I would think that multiple IP's on one server box are more common than not.

Upvote 0
Are there more ports then this that need opened? I am running a dedicated server w2k3 and using IPSEC as a firewall. all ports are closed except for these listed previously in this thread. Withe IPSEC enabled, the game sows up fine in the ingame browser, gamespy and all the different ones I have tried. However when a player tries to connect, they get the 'version incompatible error'. Turn off the firewall and they can connect fine.

Console with firewall enabled:
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Browse: RO-Konigsplatz.rom?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character =R_VehCrew1?
team=1?Sex=M?deathmessagemode=3?game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame?Min Players=0?
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 48213->48211; refs: 924033
Game class is 'ROTeamGame'
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Bringing Level RO-Konigsplatz.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 12.884000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
DeathMessageMode: 3
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7767 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
MasterServerUplink: Resolved 207.135.144.11 as 207.135.144.11.
Loading Available Maps
Loading Game Types
xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
MasterServerUplink: Connection to 207.135.144.11 established.
Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.11.34)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7768 successfully bound.
STEAMAUTH : Trip_SteamAuth::OnLogonSuccess
STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - My Red Orchestra Server 0 | 32
Approval APPROVED
Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 120
Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 120
Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 120
Master server assigned our MatchID: 0
Open myLevel 03/27/06 21:40:44 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1781
STEAMAUTH : Denied Client : ClientID 1 : SteamError 14
Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1781 03/27/06 21:40:54
Open myLevel 03/27/06 21:40:54 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1781
Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1781 03/27/06 21:40:55
Open myLevel 03/27/06 21:43:09 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2027
STEAMAUTH : Denied Client : ClientID 2 : SteamError 14
Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2027 03/27/06 21:43:19
Open myLevel 03/27/06 21:43:19 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2027
Close TcpipConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2027 03/27/06 21:43:20
What am I missing?

Upvote 0
Since the last patch we got some weird query-problems on our servers. At first we thought our server was crashing. I was just using the standardquery to check if they were up, and didnt think to connect to them when they didnt respond. We use GameCreate to manage our servers, and it insisted that the servers were up. Of course i believed there was something wrong with GC. Turns out GC was right, and I was wrong. GC must use the gamespy-query i thought. I sendt some gamespy-queries myself, and they gave response. I connected, and to my relief it turns out they where up, and hadnt been down at all. However, its annoying that the servers dont get advertised in the ingame browser(and most others as well), since it uses the standard-query.
When we first start the servers, they respond on queries on the standard queryport(7758), but after a while of inactivity(like maybe 2-3 hours), they stop responding to it. They respond to the gamespy queryport(7767).
We get a lot of those "RecvFrom returned SOCKET_ERROR 111" entries in the log, which i believe has something to do with this problem.
There are also some other entries in the logs that puzzles me:
Code:
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7767 successfully bound.
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7768 successfully bound.
There is no mention of binding these two ports in the config, so i wonder what they are used for. Are they some special ports for the master-servers to get info on? Or are they actually the ports the server believes its gona get queried on?
Since the gameport is 7757(standard), the queryport should be 7758(which it responds to for a while) and the GSqueryport should be 7767(like Ramm mentioned in the first post). So what are these other ports? Is there some new bug in the new patch? Cant remember that we had these problems before, and the server isnt behind any firewall or NAT(and since it at first reponds to the queries, it sorta proves that nothing is stopping it that way).

Servers are running on Gentoo Linux.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dead On The Water

Dead On The Water

Using a D-Lynk router model D-I 604 i cant conect to my server with my second pc . firewall turn off "both" i see my server in the server browser . i fallow those settings above . is there a way to open all ports on the router "yeah yeah i know but home security allready knows me" . im runing a SLI Asus premium with AMD 4000+ @ 2.6 GHZ 1 gig of corsair . im using cable with a 768 kbs upload speed down load average about or betwwen 4 and 8mb download speed .

Upvote 0