• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server New Server/WebAdmin Features in v1.065

I did try removing the Reserve Slots mutator but Im not sure what the DMMUTATOR is exactly. I only see the word "DMMUTATOR" in the game information when Im looking at other servers before I join, in the lower left hand corner. That area also shows what kind of settings you have running on your server etc.

I removed the reserve Slots mutator and nothing changed. I did not remove the spam message mutator, I think it is called SERVEREXT or something like that.

To the comment above about the cache on my browser, I have done that and I have tried other computers. Good thought though. THanks anyway.

I have tried disabling mutators as well. None are enabled in the webadmin settings.

I am considering going to take out any files I added for mutators and take it out of my ro.ini file. I wish I had kept better track of what I was adding, overwriting, and changing when adding these "mutators". I almost wish I could get a fresh download without losing all the maps and redirect settings. Mmmm, perhaps I can though.........

To be continued

Last edited:
Upvote 0
copy your redorchestra.ini file

then delete your redorchestra system folder of your server

then run the hlds update tool again

then place the redorchestra.ini file back

Arggh,

Thanks for the tip, did it and no change. My next option seriously is going to go with a fresh load and reload all the files, maps, redirect, etc. I dont want to spend a weekend doing that.

I would rather live without the session ban for right now.....

To be continued.

Upvote 0
Just to follow up, I never got the "session ban" option to show up in my webadmin. I ended up doing a clean reload on the server, its there now.

Also, since I see others have posted that their "adminloginsilent" option is not working, I wanted to say it doesnt do anything for me.

I do have the admin login silent check box checked in the admin and all that does is stop the message "so and so has logged in admin" or whatever but my name is still in white letters showing everyone that I am logged in as admin. Perhaps this is all "adminloginsilent" does.

I can say "adminloginsilent" doesnt work for me because once I type it I try and add bots or adminsay something and nothing happens. Oh well.

Thanks for the ideas to solve the session ban anyhow.

Upvote 0
Ok found the a bug, been fiddling around with it.

It can't read the username and password from xadmin.ini or atleast doesn't so if you use xadmin it wont work. And because everyone sane uses xadmin this feature probably doesn't work will report the bug.

It works perfectly on systems using the adminname and password set in the main ini file. But if you setup xadmin it wont read it from the ini file so you cant set the adminlogin for the silent admin there and use xadmin for webadmin.

atleast that is what i think,
it didn't work on the win 2003 server box where we use xadmin
but it worked on the previous box where we didn't use it
and it works on my own computer when i start a listen server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wondering..

Wondering..

Can I set the admins to be able to session ban and not permanently ban?

I can pick kick, ban, or both but I can't have a person who can session ban but not permanently ban? Or how can I set it so I can have levels of admins with this ability?

LVL1 admin - kick
LVL2 - kick, session ban
LVL3 - kick, session ban, permanently ban

Upvote 0