Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

How do we enable ROTV?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we enable ROTV?

Just a quick question for the Devs.
    Can we have a short guide on how to enable and use ROTV please?
    Last edited by ButchCassidy; 11-01-2006, 03:56 PM.
    sigpic
    www.twiladder.com
    I'm on a vodka diet, I've lost 3 days so far.

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/UTV_%28UT2004%29

edit:
    just tryed it the old way, like written in the wiki above.

thats what commandline is posting then:
    Code:
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System>ucc utv
    Executing Class UTV2004.UTVCommandlet
    UTV2004 1.00b21.3339 starting up...
    ------------------------------
    This version of UTV2004.DLL was compiled for running from
    an installation with patch version 3339.
    Initializing actor property list
    Ini file UTV.ini
    Defaulting to false
    The proxy knows about 1 extra HTTP Download redirects
    URL: http://uz.unrealadmin.org/ COMPRESSION=1
    Loading RedORchestra Clientside Mod
    Loaded UTV2004C with guid: B14A7E4F46E84179DE9B7796C7154045
    Preloading GUI2K4..
    Loaded GUI with guid: 97A42BC44F50F49B4A61FCA00662E8F3
    Uplink: Will not connect to Tripwire masterserver, but will reply to queries
    Defaulting to false
    Starting server connect
    Server sends: CHALLENGE VER=3339 CHALLENGE=-1047346675 STATS=0 SEC=1 GZ=83
    Adding dlmanager: IpDrv.HTTPDownload
    Dlmanager params: http://uz.unrealadmin.org/
    Dlmanager params: 
    Adding dlmanager: Engine.ChannelDownload
    Dlmanager params: Enabled
    Server sends: WELCOME LEVEL=ro-arad GAME=ROEngine.ROTeamGame LONE=0
    None utv server, waiting for primary client
    Restarting
    Unloading
    Socket shut down
    if i try to connect as primaryclient i get no more than the connection screen.

so some help is really appreciated.
    Last edited by aceto; 01-15-2007, 02:03 PM.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [IMG]http://boarderlines.de/ro/rol.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#ffffff][B][COLOR=darkred]alpha and omega[/COLOR][/B] --- [COLOR=white][URL="http://roladder.net"][COLOR=white]ro:ladder[/COLOR][/URL] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Admins,

I'll try and have a tutorial for this up within a couple of days. The patch was actually released earlier than we expected, so we didn't have all the documentation ready for things like this. The one that aceto has linked has most of the info you need, but I found that it is a bit unclear in areas about how things actually work. I'm going to write something up that should be more clear. One thing to know though is, you don't need to download any additional files like that unrealadmin page says. All the files you need are in the server install. Also, just so you are aware, you don't actually "enable" ROTV. ROTV is a separate server process that you run that hosts spectators for another game server. Anyway, more information will be forthcoming.
      [I support "RO Forums Classic" mode!!!]

Comment

any update ?
        [URL="http://www.team-noway.com"][IMG]http://teamnoway.free.fr/Screenshots/ROsig.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Ok, here's my first pass at this. As has already been mentioned, the tutorial here does a pretty good job at describing what all the ini settings mean so I won't go into all of them :http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/UTV_%28UT2004%29

A few things to note about the tutorial linked above. First off, you don't need to download any extra files like the tutorial says (thats only for UT2004). All the files you need should be distributed with the RO server installs. Now lets give a brief overview of how this works:

1) Somewhere in the world there is a regular game server you want to spectate (we'll call this the "Target Server")
          2) You start a special "ROTV Server" which will connect as a spectator to the "Target Server"
          3) A "Primary Client" which is essentially the cameraman/shoutcaster will connect to the "ROTV Server"
          4) The "ROTV Server" will connect to the "Target Server". The "Primary Client" will connect as a proxy to the "Target Server" through the "ROTV Server". In other words, when the "Primary Client" connects to the "ROTV Server", the "ROTV Server" forwards that connection on to the "Target Server".
          5) Once the "Primary Client" is connected, "Spectators" can connect to the "ROTV Server". Lots and lots of spectators can connect. I don't know what the limit is, but it is much higher than the number of poeple that can connect to a regular game server, as the ROTV server is broadcasting only.

Now lets move on to setting up your server. First off you need to have a dedicated server install of RO on a machine. Please note, I don't believe you can run the ROTV server off of the same set of files as a running regular game server (at least it didn't work in my testing, there is probably a way to do it specifying different ini files, etc, but using different installs worked for me). So you'll want a separate install of the dedicated server files for your ROTV server.

Then you need to set up your utv.ini file. I'll show you an example of mine, and then try and explain the key items. Here is my utv.ini that I used in my testing:

Code:
          [UTV2004]
          ServerAddress=63.211.111.83
          ServerPort=7757
          ListenPort=7780
          RemoteControlPort=7782
          Delay=1
          DelayPrimaryVoice=1
          JoinPassword=
          PrimaryPassword=changeme
          VipPassword=andmetoo
          NormalPassword=
          MaxClients=50
          SeeAll=0
          NoPrimary=0
          ClockInterval=0
          TickRate=30
          FlushThreshold=5000
          IgnoreChainedChat=0
          DLManagerCount=0
          DLManager0=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
          DLManager1=http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d97-rwe/ut/

[MasterServer]
          ConnectToMaster=true
          ReplyToQueries=true
          ServerName=Ramms UTV Server
          AdminName=Mr.Admin
          AdminEmail=admin@admin.com
          Ok so let me explain the important parts of this. Where it says "ServerAddress=63.211.111.83" above, that is the IP address of the "Target Server" that I want to watch a match on. That is not the IP address of the ROTV server, but rather the actual server where the game will be played. "ServerPort=7757" is the port of the "Target Server" mentioned above (not the ROTV server). "ListenPort=7780" IS the port of the ROTV Server (the server the "Primary Client" and "Spectators" will connect to). Make sure that port is open on your firewall in addition to all the regular RO server ports. "JoinPassword=", this is blank in my example. You would add a "JoinPassword" if the "Target Server" has a password. "PrimaryPassword=changeme", this is the password required to log on to the "ROTV Server" as the "Primary Client" (cameraman/shoutcaster).

Ok so now that your utv.ini file is is set up, you need to launch the ROTV server. You do this by launching UCC with the "UTV" commandline parameter. Here is an example:

Code:
          ucc utv
          I use a batch file on windows, on linux you would do whatever linux poeple do to pass commandline parameters to programs

So now that the ROTV server is up and running, you need to connect the Primary Client. In my example, my ROTV server was at IP addess 63.211.111.82 (remember this is NOT the game server, it had the IP addess of 63.211.111.83). To connect as the primary client, you need to open up RO and type a command in the console. In my example, here is the command I used:

Code:
          open 63.211.111.82:7780?password=changeme
          It might take a minute to fully connect, as the primary client connects to the ROTV server and is then forwarded on to the game server. At this point, your primary client should be connected to the ROTV server, as well as spectating the Target Server. Fly around, switch veiwpoints, type to your spectators, etc. Use your VOIP to broadcast commentary to the spectators. Only ROTV spectators can hear what you say or type, so give some cool play by play

Now you will want to have spectators connect to the ROTV server. In the example above, here is how spectators connect to the ROTV server:

Code:
          open 63.211.111.82:7780
          If the ROTV servers show up in the server browser list then a user could just click on it in the list and join just like any other server. I was unable to test this as it would have taken too much firewall wrangling. I'm unaware if the UTV servers showed up in the server list in UT2004, but if it worked there, it should work here as well.

That should about cover it. Specators will now see what the Primary Client sees, and hear what the Primary Client says over VOIP. It sounds a lot more complex to set up than it really is. Once you set it up once, its a breeze any time after that. Let me know if you all have any questions about this.
          [I support "RO Forums Classic" mode!!!]

Comment

thx a lot, Ramm. I think you should start new thread with your post, pin it and keep it updated
            [IMG]http://2mclan.wz.cz/pics/signature/signature_milk2.gif[/IMG]
            [COLOR=Blue][URL="http://2m.toh.cz/vwar/news.php"]2M clan[/URL][/COLOR] - 1st Czech Red Orchestra clan
            [URL="http://www.roladder.net"]RO:ladder[/URL] - active in Red Orchestra ladder

Comment

Yes , make it a sticky or something .

What ahppen if mroe than One client (the primary one) connect to the Rotv Server, will it crash ? Could be cool if everyone would be able to move as a spectator.
              [URL="http://www.team-noway.com"][IMG]http://teamnoway.free.fr/Screenshots/ROsig.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by EscAz View Post
                What ahppen if mroe than One client (the primary one) connect to the Rotv Server, will it crash ? Could be cool if everyone would be able to move as a spectator.
                there was a possibility to let the spectator fly around free too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and i tryed it with this tutorial, but still get it not working.
                i downloaded the hlds_updatetool and with this a dedicated server.
                i changed the utv.ini with our servers ip and a open port of my router.

all i got then was this:
                Code:
                D:\roost\system>ucc utv
                Executing Class UTV2004.UTVCommandlet
                UTV2004 1.00b21.3339 starting up...
                This version of UTV2004.DLL was compiled for running from
                an installation with patch version 3339.
                Ini file UTV.ini
                Defaulting to false
                The proxy knows about 0 extra HTTP Download redirects
                Loading RedORchestra Clientside Mod
                Loaded UTV2004C with guid: B14A7E4F46E84179DE9B7796C7154045
                Preloading GUI2K4..
                Loaded GUI with guid: 97A42BC44F50F49B4A61FCA00662E8F3
                Uplink: ConnectToMaster is true, will connect to Tripwire masterserver
                Defaulting to false
                Uplink: Resolved master server 207.135.144.10 to: 207.135.144.10
                Starting server connect
                Server sends: CHALLENGE VER=3339 CHALLENGE=1261882994 STATS=0 SEC=1 GZ=39
                Uplink: Connection to 207.135.144.10 established.
                Dlmanager params: 
                Server sends: WELCOME LEVEL=RO-Leningrad_Beta1 GAME=ROEngine.ROTeamGame LONE=0
                None utv server, waiting for primary client
                Restarting
                Unloading
                Socket shut down
                Close TcpipConnection 89.106.69.15:7757 11/07/06 18:15:12
                Socket shut down
                Defaulting to false
                Uplink: Resolved master server 207.135.144.10 to: 207.135.144.10
                Uplink: Connection to 207.135.144.10 established.
                with primary client i get a connecting screen, but nothing happens, except a connection failed after some minutes

anyone else get it working and could perhaps help?
                Last edited by aceto; 01-15-2007, 02:03 PM.

[COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#ffffff][B][COLOR=darkred]alpha and omega[/COLOR][/B] --- [COLOR=white][URL="http://roladder.net"][COLOR=white]ro:ladder[/COLOR][/URL] [/COLOR][/COLOR]
                [/COLOR]

Comment

One of my squadmates tried to set up the rotv as Ramm explained and it worked. We saw him flying around but could do nothing. It has few lags but it was fine.

Comment

okay, found my problem... i had another ip-adress in use after reinstall, so portforwarding was not working.

fine, so it works now

for roaming with the spectators try to set

Code:
                    SeeAll=1
                    perhaps it works as it has done in mod.

edit:
                    i made some tests ans seeall=1 seems not to make a difference. you still are only able to see, what the primaryclient is "broadcasting".

but in this test we had a strange problem of diconnects while joining the live-utv-server as normal clients:

Code:
                    New client: [-project.aceto-] 88.72.39.55 0
                    Got primary client
                    New connection opened 1/50
                    Starting server connect
                    Server sends: CHALLENGE VER=3339 CHALLENGE=1478476465 STATS=0 SEC=1 GZ=84
                    Dlmanager params: xxx
                    Server sends: WELCOME LEVEL=RO-Odessa GAME=ROEngine.ROTeamGame LONE=0
                    Client sends: PETE PKT=1 PKG=1
                    Client sends: JOIN
                    Primary client ready
                    Package UTV2004C has 372 names and 352 objects
                    Found utvReplication with object id 82450
                    Found utvReplication.GetFromServer with id 57
                    Found utvReplication.GetTarget with id 58
                    Found utvReplication.SendTarget with id 59
                    Found utvReplication.SendToServer with id 60
                    We have 73501 names and 82802 objects loaded
                    Joining server
                    Client sends: OPENVOICE 1
                    Opening voice channel 1
                    Close TcpipConnection 88.72.39.55:62407 11/08/06 11:12:59
                    serveraddress= 89.106.69.15
                    serverport= 7757
                    listenport= 10000
                    delay= 5.000000
                    maxclients= 50
                    primarypassword= changeme
                    normalpassword=
                    vippassword=
                    joinpassword=
                    New connection: 276037704
                    New client: -Nw'EscAz 88.160.16.33 0
                    Got normal client
                    New connection opened 2/50
                    New connection: 276069208
                    Old client detected! Packet LevelSpecificSMT.utx Our version 2 Client version 1
                    New client ready
                    Close TcpipConnection 88.160.16.33:4210 11/08/06 11:15:39
                    Close TcpipConnection 88.160.16.33:3272 11/08/06 11:16:06
                    or:

Code:
                    New connection: 164390976
                    New client: -Nw'EscAz 88.160.16.33 0
                    Got normal client
                    New connection opened 2/50
                    New connection: 164431560
                    Old client detected! Packet MilitaryAxisSMT.utx Our version 2 Client version 1
                    New client ready
                    Close TcpipConnection 88.160.16.33:3272 11/08/06 11:08:35
                    Close TcpipConnection 88.160.16.33:2904 11/08/06 11:09:02
                    escaz said he was able to connect in his tests yesterday.
                    in my test as example twenty3 was able to connect to my server.
                    any idea for this ramm?
                    Last edited by aceto; 11-08-2006, 06:51 AM.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Essencially you want 2 servers, your actual gameplay server for players and another server running TV for viewer to join.

Where I start to get lost is w/ the "Primary Client". After I have the first 2 servers running (RO game server and TV server), do I also need for me setup a client machine to connect to the ROTV server before any other people can join the ROTV server and spectate, or can I just run those 2 servers and let anyone connect to that ROTV server right away ?

Comment

the primary-client is a kind of director.

so if you have no password for the primary-client everybody who joins first can do this job, all others, who join later will see, what the director is watching.

because i found no possibility yet to roam with the other specs too this would perhaps be the best solution for your rotv-server.

[/COLOR]

Comment

So all spectators to ROTV can only view what the "director" is showing them?

Comment

as far as i know: yes.

in the modversion of utv there was a possibility to allow all spectators to roam around. but my tests with seeall=1 did not work, so i guess there is no possibility at the moment.

if there is only 1 spec he would be able to use all functions if there is no password or he knows the password to join primary client.

[/COLOR]

Comment

anybody tried to record a demo as Rotv server ?? Can you do whatever you want like an HLTV demo review or are you just stuck like a common record.

Comment

Working...
                              X