• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map RO-Tractor Works

Glad people appreciate the map. Thanks to Russ, I know that I got a couple things very wrong there but "next" time, it will be correct. ;)

I love the gameplay and honestly think it is one of the most team-centric CA maps you can find. Everyone has a job to do and must do it well and in cooperation with the rest of the team, from half-track driver, to Stug team to the PzIV and down to the SL and even your MG on the German side. The Russians take less coordination but you still need to watch the multiple entry points and support each other and talking is vital. On the flip side, this can be the most frustrating scenario to play from the German side when you have a bunch of idiots to work with. Always thought this could be a master clan match scenario or at worst one of the best 'grind it out till it hurts' levels.

Upvote 0
i think some of the windows are seriously bugged
was playing sniper the other day and didnt have any problems to score many kills, but not against russians inside a building behind the windows

ppl were clearly standing upright at a window, and my bullets just disappreared

look it up please?
i wasted around 100 bullets at those windows, refilling my ammosupply a few times, was shot by those guys multiple times, but couldnt scre one hit

when i aimed low i saw smoke puff up at the wall under the window, when i aimed high i saw smokepuffs over the window, when i aimed dead centre there were no smokepuffs at all :confused:

Upvote 0
Well, you probably won't see smoke puffs firing thru the windows as the bullet hits a wall somewhere 15-40 feet inside the building as oppossed to hitting above and below it outside.

Since the windows just aren't there; just air (you can check it in the SDK), there shouldn't be any problem with a window blocking a shot. I myself killed two players in the windows with a bolt from somewhere in the center of the commons; a far shot. I did miss quite a few times too (I was a Russian shooting Germans...)

I can only suggest lag or player movement at this point? :confused:

Upvote 0
Well, you probably won't see smoke puffs firing thru the windows as the bullet hits a wall somewhere 15-40 feet inside the building as oppossed to hitting above and below it outside.

Since the windows just aren't there; just air (you can check it in the SDK), there shouldn't be any problem with a window blocking a shot. I myself killed two players in the windows with a bolt from somewhere in the center of the commons; a far shot. I did miss quite a few times too (I was a Russian shooting Germans...)

I can only suggest lag or player movement at this point? :confused:

Wow, dig up an old thread much guys!?!? hahaha

No windows to deflect or eat bullets. No plans to touch this map until... well, John probably will make a 'proper' TW map anyway but... So, back to this one, nothing to catch your bullets but if you would post a screen shot of the area you had issues, I'd be happy to look at it and see if just maybe there is some issue. By the way, my all-time favorite map which I have made and it is, in my opinion, the single best teamwork required map out there for RO.

Thanks for playing and posting!

Upvote 0