• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map RO-Tractor Works

still, whats the problem, if you shoot at ppl standing upright behind a window, where you can see the whole body down to the belly and cant kill him?
connection problems? (didnt have any when shooting at ground targets)
gfx bug?
my fault? (again, didnt have any problem whilst shooting at groundtargets at similar distances or even bigger distances)

Upvote 0
Wow. Glad to see you are still around, Slyk.
Out of curiousity, how many years have you and some of your cronies been doing mods/maps? Weren't there some maps done back in the MOH:AA days?

Don't you wish you had a dollar for every hour you've spent at that keyboard (for free)? We (and in particular we "senior") gamers really appreciate and admire your efforts and longevity. Thanks for sticking with us. :cool:

Upvote 0
By the way, my all-time favorite map which I have made and it is, in my opinion, the single best teamwork required map out there for RO.

Thanks for playing and posting!

I couldn't agree more, this is a true challenge to pull off a victory from the axis side but sooo rewarding when the tankers/inf can work w/ some team effort.

& yes slyk, what Floyd said! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So many questions:

- Yes. If I have any say about it, this map would be redone, much better, for Heroes. I do not know if TWI will do an official map; I suspect the odds are good they would as this was a huge and pivitol location. Time will tell.
- Yes. If I do this map, I would expand it into a series where one or two other maps go through the complex to the Volga. I actually had the next two maps spec'd out to do just that in RO and I had portions of the next one started; including a new and franctic version of spawn chaos that could have been interesting.
- Yes. Still around from time to time. I have some five or six maps that are in basic layout form, just lost the drive or got distracted with other things as the game aged and such. I started mapping back in the "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" days and did a lot of maps, six or seven I think including the ports to "Spearhead". Then five or six "Call of Duty" and "UO" maps until they killed the series with COD2..aka "Crap On Disk". That's when I left that community and came over here to RO.
- No. No plans to leave the series. Very interested in what the TWI team comes up with and looking forward to it. Currently toying with a "Killing Floor" level to keep active and saving my old RO maps for "Heroes".

And... Yes. I would settle for $1.00 for every download of my maps. I would have retired a few years ago. Seriously. I used to troll the net looking for download links etc of maps and counting the hits and polling our servers for downloads. I had a couple maps do well over 100,000 downloads each. I guess I got started in 2001/02?? Been a while. Have to credit the After-Hourz community with really feeding the beast through the years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0