• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Xfire Tactical Network

Llyranor

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
Hi,

I most likely won't have the time to dedicate myself fully to a clan (or do so in any competitive manner, at least). That being said, I don't want to miss out on the type of games that clanners benefit from. I like my games to be all about tactical teamplay (with VoIP and all that), and am a bit worried that I wouldn't fully get that experience simply via pub servers alone.

With that mind, I was thinking of starting some sort of Xfire network. This would not be a clan, but rather be a network where likeminded players (meaning that they enjoy tactical teamplay and place importance in team communication) would be able to hook up with each other, so as to have the kind of gaming sessions they want. By holding such a list, people would be able to find out when their buddies would be available for a session, and could gather together into specific servers and play together, as opposed to individually trying to find pub servers that would suit their tastes.
Since this isn't a clan or any official grouping (it would just be a list of names of interested people, after all), anyone could be able to join.

My Xfire username is llyranor. For those who don't know what it is, Xfire is a program that lets you allows you to easily hook up with your gaming friends, by tracking down when they're playing games (in this case, Ostfront), sometimes even allowing you to directly join the server your friend is in (much more convenient than copy-pasting IPs). It can also serve as an instant messaging program, even in-game. http://www.xfire.com

Updated list:

acdcdavid (AC/DC)
breadtruck (breadtruck)
cryomerk (zayd)
deathmachine22 (DeathMachine)
deathshadow (Spy)
dfhmistkaefer (D.a.L-mistk

Last edited:
FuSiOn said:
when RO:O is released check out BFE (battle for europe) its like big teamplay matches 16vs16 without the commitment of a clan......someone else can explain more and give linky since im a clan man myself
www.bfero.com Just check it out. Its basically organised matches using VoIP(BFE uses a public Teamspeak server. the IP is on the site). You register and join a side either russian or german. You hold team talks, chat in your barracks meet new people form both sides. You have practices for the upcoming matches. You don't need any experiance at all. The people are generally friendly. I've met some of my best RO buds there :).

You are in no way committed to attend practices, fight every match, ect. Its an open tournament for anyone. The skilled level ranges form that of some of the best to people who have never even played before. There is a rank system and the more your participate the higher your rank is. But thats not realy whats important. its more important that you have a fun evening playing a organised match which is what the Admins and chairmen at BFE try their best to do.

Upvote 0