• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A message to the TT extremists

HotDang

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2006
N.Yorks, UK
I appreciate what the TT movement is doing but I wish some people would stop being such facists about it. It's a small segment of the TT folks, most are quite mature, but there's enough for it to be very annoying.

TT isn't compulsory. RO is not the sole reserve of people who want to TT. Not wanting to TT does not affect your sexual orientation or marital status or the number of friends you have etc.... There are many reasons for not wanting to TT, for me it's an issue about effective communication being key.

Get down from the moral high horses please, YOUR way is not necessarily THE way. You enjoy team tanking, that's just great but I don't. I dont expect you to bend to my will so why is it that I should bend to yours?:confused::confused::(

I wear a [no_TT] tag so people have an idea (theoretically). I am tired of having to defend myself every time I get in a tank. I sick of taking a round in the ass as I leave the spawn from some disgruntled idiot.

Some say TT is more effective. In my experience I die far quicker when TT, mostly down to crap communication (no mic you see). It is also worth noting that 2 lonewolfs in tanks can take out a multicrewed tank far qiucker than if they were in a single tank together with the likelyhood being that only one of those tanks takes a hit before the enemy is destroyed.

So you do your thing and I'll do mine. If we don't call each other stupid names about it we can get along fine.

*Sprays author with flame retardant* Just to be safe.

BTW, you're right, The way things are set up now, two solo tankers do have an edge against a muticrewed tank of equal skill. Not that i would rather solo than TT.

Nevertheless, if you want people to listen to you you would do well to not name call.

Cheers!

Iconoclast[TT]

Upvote 0
Some maps do not have enough tanks to go around. The custom map Orel is one of them.

As long as you are not stranding others in the spawn area for lack of tanks when you take off, I have no problem with someone soloing. :)

If you are one of those people who jumps in the only tank in a spawn are with 4 others waiting to get in, then start telling others to get out because you want to go it solo, then I am whole heartedly against you. :mad:

PS: Thanks to those tankers that pick up us stragglers in the field. I am happy to man the coaxial mg just for the ride. :)

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
If you are one of those people who jumps in the only tank in a spawn are with 4 others waiting to get in, then start telling others to get out because you want to go it solo, then I am whole heartedly against you. :mad:
:)

I agree on that point. I'm don't want to encourage selfish behaviour, co-operation is key to overall map success but it doesn't have to involve multicrewing. I'm just trying to encourage understanding. The real issue here isn't solo v's multi it's about people letting others play the game that they bought, the way that they want to play it, without giving them unecessary grief.

Wearing TT in your tags and then spending 5 minutes insulting me because I can't TT effectively without a mic does nothing for the TT cause IMHO.

If I bend to your will (isn't going to happen in reality) then we both die quickly. By the time I've typed "ET 3 oclock" there's an enemy shell in our ammo box.
If you get out and find a co-operative tanker with voice comms you will survive well and I can get on and survive better aswell, I'm quite a successful, devious player as a lone wolf.

Does it not seem obvious that sitting in the tank of a reluctant multicrewer and bitching endlessly and using all kinds of profanity is essentially counterproductive and has the side effect of making you look like an asshat?

Upvote 0
IconoclastDX said:
Nevertheless, if you want people to listen to you you would do well to not name call.

Cheers!

Iconoclast[TT]

If you can point out where I've called anybody any names (not to be confused with generalised descriptions of behaviour) and I will glady ammend the post. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, quite the opposite in fact I'm trying to be careful with my wording so as to inform and not offend.

Most of the ugly side of this game takes place in spawns, I'm just trying hard to promote understanding to reduce some of that ugliness.

Upvote 0
I would agree with you, that if there are enough tanks and not enough players and someone jumps in with you and you ask them to leave, then I have no problem with that. Trying to force someone to TT when there are plenty of vehicles is wrong also IMHO. :)

I think there are plenty of resonable people on both sides. Most will get along if the situation dictates.

Unfortunately, there will always be that TT guy who wants to jump in regardless of the number of tanks. There will also that guy who insists on going solo when the map is chronically short of tanks, and will not stop at the verbal insults and abuses to try to get you out of 'his' tank. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TT is great, but the best tank team make no sense, if they fight alone with their tank.
i think, in RO is the tank a supporting unit, it needs the cover of infantry against AT troops as infantry needs tank support against other tanks an to advance and defend cap points.

a lot of TTs make their own thing and don't play together with the infantry.
a good player is able to control a tank alone and i think this is legitime, IF he supports the other troops.

so it is not really a question of TT or no TT, it's the teamplay what counts.

and TT is worthless if the crew don't communicate, and THAT is often a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I just got off a battle on Lakelands Night and I teamed up with a fellow (SuperSonicxx ?) because there was only one tank at the time. Just by using the vehicle keybinds 95% of the time (ex: forward, turn left a little, enemy in front etc...), we coordinated very well. Using those key binds is a massive timesaver over typing. We ended up sticking together the rest of the game (after the two times we bought it...)

-----

Yes, I will agree, whether you are TT or not, coordinate with the others around you, other armor and infantry alike and not only will your side stand a better chance at winning, you will probably enjoy it more also. :)

Upvote 0
HotDang your GIF is disturbing ><

Other than that though there are going to be asshats on both sides of any 'issue', guess that even includes the team-tanking thing. Sorry you had to deal with that lot!

I will say, though, I can't wait for fully animated vehicle interiors and position-change sequences, and the enter/exit delays/sequence! But, there isn't much left of that poor horse, and I digress.

Happy gaming!

Upvote 0
deathcobra said:
a lot of TTs make their own thing and don't play together with the infantry.
a good player is able to control a tank alone and i think this is legitime, IF he supports the other troops.

I don't think I've EVER seen a solo-tanker support infantry. You're far more likely to see the crewed tanks do that...why? The MG will be manned + the gun.

Most of the time solo tankers just find themselves a safe spot on a hill and act like a stationary turret gun, not a tank.

But yeah...those people who spam the "get out!" voice piss me off to no end.

Upvote 0
TT is doing great, but there would be no need to do what was done to the OP (if it's true). However, having no mic is really not an excuse not to TT. when I have to keep an ear on my children, I do not have the headphones on (which is quite a bit of the time).

I TT quite damn effectively using the keyboard commands and in-game instuctional binds. it's all what you make of it.

also, beware that some Tank servers do not tolerate people telling others to "get out of my tank", etc. we run ours that way. the team shares the armor and that is that. (by the way, our server is full most of the time, so people don't seem to mind it. :) ).

EDIT: putting a |no_TT| tag in, IMO, is BEGGING to get team shot and hassled in general. better off remaining anonymous. Just some friendly advice.

Upvote 0
{Cap-Down} said:
I don't kike people who tell u to get out, it's just stupid, the whole point of this ENTIRE game is teamwork. If somone gets in ur tank, work with them, i don't mind if you solo tank. But if somone shoots ur tank or yells stop, stop, that's just mean, leaving people in the spawn with no tank.
No... the grand majority of solo tankers don't give a flying **** about teamwork or tactics.

They sit their asses outside their spawn and try to kill as many enemy tanks as possible, that's their concept of teamplay.

There are some good solo tankers, but maybe 0.00001% of the total.

Upvote 0