• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Suicide Satchel Bomber!

orangepine

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
California
www.xfire.com
I never had so much fun in my e-life!

Last night on stalingradkessel I chose the class with the Satchel packs. The whole time I would have my little purse out. When I saw a group of germans, I would ignite my purse then charge at them at full speed! BOOM!!!

One time I snuck behind a group of 4 germans, and I ran infront of them with 2 seconds to go before explosion.

BOOM!!!

I killed all 4 including my self!

Thats how you do a jihad!

:D

Last edited:
orangepine said:
I never had so much fun in my e-life!

Last night on stalingradkessel I chose the class with the Satchel packs. The whole time I would have my little purse out. When I saw a group of germans, I would ignite my purse then charge at them at full speed! BOOM!!!

One time I snuck behind a group of 4 germans, and I ran infront of them with 2 seconds to go before explosion.

BOOM!!!

I killed all 4 including my self!

Thats how you do a jihad!

:D

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The Soup Nazi said:
Or the five turret Leningrad tank. Or the WW1 tank whose wheels were immensley bigger than the tank itself.
I get your point but for the slow and unsubtle...

Finding one, two or even ten instances of an occurance of an event in history in a lame attempt to justify your "gamey" tactic as being historical, doesn't. These instances in the above example so thoughtfully provided by Soup are abberancies...hell even the Det-Dogs are.

I've had idiots tell me in game that because the Japanese had kamikaze pilots that Russians would suicide with satchels...like this would somehow make sense...

Congratulations. You have discovered an exploitable game feature. And until the devs decide whether or not it stays in, on those servers that don't kick you for using it, you may as well blow yourself up to your hearts content, probably taking many fellow players with you and diminishing your reinforcement count each time...probably using up satchels that were more needed on tanks, obstacles or vehicles.

Just please don't try to validate it as an actual "tactic" because its not...it would be an act of desperation and more likely described as a waste of men and resources... but in your case its probably ok.

Just have the courtesy to yell something a second or two before you do it so we can all duck ok? We don't want to be combing you out of our hair all week...

Upvote 0
Helpful advice at a long distance...

Unfortunately by the time you see him, you are usually close enough to be in blast range...

They need to treat the satchels a little more like 1945 technology and a little less like 21st century mercury switch bombs... either a long fuse that has to be set while living...not set when you let go of the fire button but a seperate button... or a manual detonation from a wired detonator. That would make it a little less likely to have the silly suicide bomber tactics...or lets just say your timing would have to be much much better... as it stands, just hold down the fire button and run into a room...say engaging the use key to light the fuse...making it mandatory to "pick your time of kaboom"

Upvote 0
Playing Stalingrad Kessel on a public server today, the whole Russian effort was subverted by one of these suicide bombers. Instead of blowing objectives he was running around looking for a chance to blow himself up. The Germans were putting up a good defense of the assembly hall but a couple of us managed to fight our way into the main section (nearest the warehouse), kill the Germans that were in there and get it almost capped when our suicide bomber runs in and blows us all up with him. Not a good way to win friends and influence people.

Although I'm loathe to admit it, after he blew me up along with him a second time, I TK'd him on sight, took his satchels and used them to blow an actual objective.

Upvote 0
Ordinarily I am against deliberate TKing in any way shape or form...

But...

Quite frankly in the case of suicide stacheler's one 9mm to the back of the head before they cause their teammates any grief like you say and put their bombs to good use.

Tell their mothers they died valourously for the cause and use their body to shore up the defenses LOL

Upvote 0
Peter J. Sanderson said:
They need to treat the satchels a little more like 1945 technology and a little less like 21st century mercury switch bombs... either a long fuse that has to be set while living...not set when you let go of the fire button but a seperate button... or a manual detonation from a wired detonator. That would make it a little less likely to have the silly suicide bomber tactics...or lets just say your timing would have to be much much better... as it stands, just hold down the fire button and run into a room...say engaging the use key to light the fuse...making it mandatory to "pick your time of kaboom"

Actually, jihading (as I call it), *is* done by lighting the fuse (pulling the cord by holding LMB), and counting to 10 or so before you explode. You *do* have to time your death just right, and you don't just let go of the fire button and explode. Releasing the fire button while the satchel is cooking throws it. A skiled sapper will cook their satchels for a few seconds before blowing an objective to get something done that much faster. A skilled jihaddist will judge the distance they need to sprint and pull the cord in advance so it detonates just as they reach their target.

Occasionally, playing as German on Koenigsplatz, I jihad against the russian tanks who foolishly leave the cover of their infantry. After a number of humiliating hey-why's-that-german-standing-in-front-of-the-drivers-hatch-oh-sh deaths, they usually stick close to their buddies, or at least watch out for the crazy last ditch german defenders.

Likewise, as a sapper on Kessel, jihadding can be a useful way to blow the railyard wall even when the area is defended by germans. If you can get to the wall and release the charge,and maybe take one of them with you, then good job. Also, jihadding into an MG nest which is killing most of your side is also a somewhat valid tactic IF you can pull it off. Sacrificing yourself for the greater good and all.

Running around with a charge and killing yourself to take out one or two useless enemies over and over is a (fun) waste of a class.

These people and the ones who go sapper just to get an SMG bug me, since I like actually blowing objectives...

Upvote 0
orangepine said:
Nah, BF2 sucks and is unrealistic, and the fact that it isn't WWII themed makes it suck even more!

After all this is a game. You have to have fun once in awhile!

:p
You know what else is unrealistic?

The fact that you purposefully "jihad" in a WW2 realism game. If you want to dick around with bots or a deathmatch server, go right ahead.

But don't ruin other people's games because you don't want to play appropriately. The people on the other side of the screen are playing this for fun just like you, and many don't appreciate the realism that they play this for being compromised by "bored" individuals.

You say you aren't having fun unless you are blowing people up? Do it in another game, come back to RO when you need realism. Please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thecaptain_ps said:
Likewise, as a sapper on Kessel, jihadding can be a useful way to blow the railyard wall even when the area is defended by germans. If you can get to the wall and release the charge,and maybe take one of them with you, then good job.

I play sapper on Kessel a lot and while I don't intentionally suicide bomb the north rail yard, it often works out that way. Running around satcheling objectives isn't good for one's life expectancy but if I can stay alive long enough to toss my satchel to the base of the north rail wall I figure I've done my job. Countless times I've been hit in the foot and frozen in my tracks as I try to make my getaway -- at this point I've usually got two or three Germans shooting at me and a satchel ready to blow 10 feet away, so if I have another satchel I'll generally try to pull the cord before I die, since I'm doomed anyway.

Upvote 0