• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO:Tactics - Strategic team planning tool (download)

vr6r said:
hehe yeah i hear ya. I had actually started taking my own aerial pics of some maps in spectator mode - but the sdk sounds like it might be a better option as they didn't turn out all that great.

its indeed better to work with the sdk to change the maps for the overviews.

if you do them in spectatormode and "show fog" + "fly" +"ghost" in console you still have the problem of fading statics.

so i suggest you change every map in the editor, save it with new name and then make the screenshots ingame. (because in editor you have to much symbols etc.)

thats how it worked in the old mod-version and i guess it still work fine:

1) open the map in editor
2) turn off the fog
3) select all objects and set culldistance to a much higer value
4) save it with new name
5) make your screenshots ingame with "fly"+"ghost"

thats how a overview of jucha looked like i made and edited allready in the modversion:

pt_ro_jucha_overview.jpg

aceto

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot Aceto that really helps. That example you gave of Jucha looks awesome, and is exactly what I'm looking to do.

I had hoped to have it done by now, but other obligations have come up recently (prepping my house to sell) that have kinda dominated my free time. Thanks to everyone for their patience who have been waiting for the update... I am plugging away as time permits!

Upvote 0
Hi! Great little prog you did... very useful. Thx alot vr6r

I made maps for myself and my clanmates..., therefore perhaps you could use my maps as I currently do. I voluntarily cut certain parts for a better resolution...and I use my own codes for a better comprehension. For strategies, I personally believe that the shared elements are very important.
So, here my maps:
1- Arad
2- Baksan Valley
3- Barashka
4- Basovka
5- Bondarevo
6- Hedgehog
7- Kaukasus
8- K

Upvote 0
Hello again everyone.

Death to Pigs - That's awesome, I am glad to hear it has been useful to you guys.

And SirJay, thank you very much for offering the use of your maps - I will definitely consider it when I have time to get back to the program.

...and that brings me to my next subject. As you might have guessed, I haven't been able to get much done in the last couple weeks (selling a house is a black hole for free time!) - so I apologize for that. I haven't even had time to play :)( ) let alone get back into programming mode unfortunately.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I have not forgotten, and as soon as I have some free time again I will be getting to work on an update! :cool:

Upvote 0
Hi!... No problem vr6r... Summer time and everything, same problem here. No much time myself to do all I would like to do.

Anyway, loading the maps in "Saved Maps" work partially but suitably. So, on my side, I can live with that until an update. For zooming, I simply load a bigger picture... a little bit longer but effective ;)

So, keep it up.
Regards

Upvote 0
Hi! Nice pic too Aceto. Well, on my side, I preferred to take a couple pictures to keep better angles(90 degrees) and to make appear all details(trees, boxes, stones, pipes,...). Sometimes, the puzzle come with the adjustments...

There's different ways to do it. In that specific case, I chose the more complex I guess :)

Cya

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fist iv gotta say...great program. Secondly iv spotted a bug that might be just an oversight. It is regarding the zoom feature. When i change the zoom it zooms in on the top left corner, the focus of the zoom is not changeable.

Im using the 1.0.5_RTR version available from the Right To Rebel site. This is were i first spotted this prog. Btw...whats so special about the RTR version?

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delayed response guys.

[{Domino}] said:
Thx man nice to have someway to commincate without saying left right and looking at compass and not getting shot at the same time :) I havent actually tried it yet as i have to redownload RO for some reason:( Does it work ingame and does anyone who downloads the tool able to see the squiggles?
It is a stand-alone app and unfortunately does not work in-game. Anyone who downloads the app will be able to see your squiggles only if you either Host, or Join a multi-user session. If you don't do this then only you will be able to see your drawn input, but it can still be a helpful tool to help learn the maps.

DirtyRat said:
nice job m8 this is wicked
Eriku-kun said:
Fist iv gotta say...great program. Secondly iv spotted a bug that might be just an oversight. It is regarding the zoom feature. When i change the zoom it zooms in on the top left corner, the focus of the zoom is not changeable.

Im using the 1.0.5_RTR version available from the Right To Rebel site. This is were i first spotted this prog. Btw...whats so special about the RTR version?
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Eriku: the zoom does default to the upper-left corner when zooming in from 1x, but from there it should zoom based on the current map view (ctl+left click & drag to move the map when zoomed). As far as the RTR version goes, it is an intermediary version I collaborated on with their clan to implement a few things they wanted while I was working on the new version. In particular the auto-update feature was disabled to simplify the installation, and SirJayQC's maps were substitued for the default in-game maps. (I have since joined RTR myself, but am still working - and getting close to finishing - a new version of RO:Tactics that will be released here for everyone.)
In the meantime, anyone is welcome to download the RTR version if they prefer, but I would recommend that they make sure they are using the same version as anyone they might be joining a multi-user session with to minimize the chances of bugs across versions.

Big shout out to SirJay btw for offering the use of his maps! I didn't release this as a normal update because there were many more changes I wanted to make for the next official version, but this accomplished what they were looking for.

ButchCassidy said:
Great Idea and worth having a tool like this just for planning Clan matches alone.
Would be nice if this Prog allowed you to add custom maps?
working on this for the next version ;)

Upvote 0