• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO:Tactics - Strategic team planning tool (download)

Got the pack, thanks Serpa!
Looking forward to more! :D

Very sorry to hear that Rehakles.
I have had a few sporadic issues that were hard to track down, but am looking into them. Out of curiosity, did the freeze seem to occur on your pc after resizing the window (either dragging the window larger/smaller or maximizing)?

Upvote 0
Hey, I was wondering if I could import my own mapfiles from other games to use with this tool as well. I used this tool for some RO maps awhile back, but I just want to know if I could import the *.bmp or *.jpeg files from other maps from other games and utilize this tool.

Thanks!

Absolutely Zane! You will need to download and use the new version to do this, but that is the whole idea behind the new & redesigned version of the tool.

The new version is now called GTactix - to reflect that it is for use with all Games, not just Red Orchestra - and it can be found and downloaded at the following:

http://www.gtactix.com

Once installed, to get map packs just start the program and go to Tools > Map Packs. From there just select the packs you want and click install.

Now to answer your question... with this new version you have just downloaded and installed, there are a few ways to do what you want depending on what your ultimate goal is. I will list them briefly here...

#1. From the File menu, select "Open Pic"
This option is strictly for offline use, but allows you to load any pic you want, draw on it and save the result. If you want to use your custom pics in an online session, use either option #2 or #3 below.

#2. From the File menu, select "Add Pic to My Shared"
This will add the picture to your "Shared" resources list, which you will find on the right side of the window just below the color selection bar. Click either the Map Packs or My Shared title to toggle back and forth between your desired resource list. Using this method, you can share your custom imported maps if you are hosting, or are given admin rights in an online session. In that scenario, once connected to other users, right-click the desired pic in your shared list and select "Upload to All", and it will send that picture to whoever is connected to your online session.

#3. This is the most time consuming, but can be the most beneficial. When you start the program, if you don't already have the map pack creator downloaded, it should ask if you would like to download it... make sure you say yes.

Then from within GTactix, select the Tools menu and click "Launch Map Pack Creator".

This will open a tool that will allow you to create your own complete map packs. If you have a group of maps and icons and you want to share those with other people, this is the best option. Just fill in the fields, add the maps and icons that you want, save the pack and send the resulting .gtmp (gtactix map pack) file to your friends. Then they can simply import your map pack form the Tools menu in GTactix and you can use that custom pack in an online session just like any of the other packs.

Forgive my long-winded answer but I hope that helps & answers your question.

-VR6R (ROTactix/GTactix dev)

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
I was wondering if there might be a G.Tactix mappack out after the official release of DH , for DH maps ?

If someone has pics of the maps I'd be happy to create one, or if you have the newest GTactix version with the Map Pack Creator you can make a pack yourself. If you choose to go that route feel free to send me the map pack when it's done and I'll add it to the vault.

Either way I'd be happy to try and help.

love the sig btw! :D

Upvote 0
I'll tell you what would be genious

I'll tell you what would be genious

If this tool thingy had a system for estimating travel times, both tank and Infantry.

Imagine you set it up so it shows A rifleman or a Tiger or a Clown Car going to a place which requires about 200m of travel.

The arrival time of the units would be calculated based on there different speeds, this would let you know where you can stop and aim without the enemy getting there first, and where they may already have reached!

Would be good in a lot of games actually, CS:S (and CS) would benefit alot.

Good idea right?

Upvote 0