• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics StG44;Auto or Semi?

Fuhrer Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2008
USA
Hi all!

I was just wondering what everyone prefers on the StG44, semi or fully automatic. Of course semi is better for long distance, but does anyone use semi all the time? I find it gives you much more control, and I usually prefer semi in all situations. As soon as I spawn I set it to semi. Some of the newer players don't know it has a semi mode, so press X.

What do you guys do! Post away!

Semi is pointless, with 500rpm you can manualy single shot it easy enough anyway.

While true, it depends on what style works better for you. If you tend to use a series of rapid-fire, precision single shots, then semi works better. If you use short bursts, then full-auto is obviously what you want to use.

However, I find that in game, trying to use the weapon at any kind of distance is frustrating as the recoil and shot-spread are over-exaggerated. I find myself just switching to an MP-40 and playing as a close-assault role. Hardly get the chance to use the 44 anyway, but when I DO use it, I tend to go for short bursts.

Upvote 0
Auto all the way. In CQB this is obvious, and at longer ranges it's possible to fire 2-3 round bursts quite accurately which IMO improves accuracy over single shots when shooting at moving targets. StG is way too inaccurate for semi auto firing, and what is worse is that it lacks the stopping power to ensure reliably kill with one hit. And people with StG should be close enough to the enemy anyway so there shouldn't be need for pixel sniping. Someone has to be in close touch with the enemy all the time and assault troopers are better suited for that job than the others. If you want to stay back and take careful shots then pick the rifleman.

Upvote 0
Auto all the way. In CQB this is obvious, and at longer ranges it's possible to fire 2-3 round bursts quite accurately which IMO improves accuracy over single shots when shooting at moving targets. StG is way too inaccurate for semi auto firing, and what is worse is that it lacks the stopping power to ensure reliably kill with one hit. And people with StG should be close enough to the enemy anyway so there shouldn't be need for pixel sniping. Someone has to be in close touch with the enemy all the time and assault troopers are better suited for that job than the others. If you want to stay back and take careful shots then pick the rifleman.
I would disagree with that, the STG44 will kill in one hit if a shot connects to the torso or head, but it won't kill in one hit if you hit the legs or arms like a bolt action does.

Upvote 0
StG is way too inaccurate for semi auto firing, and what is worse is that it lacks the stopping power to ensure reliably kill with one hit.

The StG44 isn't inaccurate. It's quite accurate. The accuracy of a long arm is determined by the distance of the front to rear sights, as well as the rifling. Length of barrel will also factor in.

It wouldn't be selected for a sniper rifle, but for effective use in combat ranges of 0 to 400 meters it is quite sufficient. Please note, most people have difficulty consistently hitting targets over 150 meters.

Upvote 0
I would disagree with that, the STG44 will kill in one hit if a shot connects to the torso or head, but it won't kill in one hit if you hit the legs or arms like a bolt action does.

In most cases you have to shoot the enemy as fast as possible before he does the same to you. In semi mode you have to use extra fraction of second to make sure you hit in the right spot because if you don't you often don't get a second chance. In auto mode you can fire faster to the general direction of the enemy and if you know how to compensate the recoil it is almost certain that you score multiple hits to the enemy in a very short time, i.e. before he has a chance to aim and shoot you.

The StG44 isn't inaccurate. It's quite accurate. The accuracy of a long arm is determined by the distance of the front to rear sights, as well as the rifling. Length of barrel will also factor in.

It wouldn't be selected for a sniper rifle, but for effective use in combat ranges of 0 to 400 meters it is quite sufficient. Please note, most people have difficulty consistently hitting targets over 150 meters.

Are you now talking about the game or reality? StG is clearly not as accurate as semi/bolt rifles in the game, so it's better to leave medium to long range engagements to people with these rifles.

Upvote 0