• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics 'accurate' firing a K98k. (PICTURE)

Vincent_Fox

Aug 22, 2006
Hey there, I'm tired of people claiming that rifles are crap, and the target must be still for you to actually hit them. Well, I spent the last while making a shooters guide for the K98k, I will make one for the MN, Just for you Ruskies! I'm sure this would help them aswell.

I know the sights dont look exactly like the k98's, I'm not trying to win an art competition here. But here we go. Some of this is as accurate as I can possibly make it, and its taken quite a bit of studying to do so.

And please, dont mind my horrible grammar or spelling mistakes!
aimingguide.png

Last edited:
Hmm. To Melipone. I never knew there was all that much difference when it came to ping, but okay, the next guide i'll make will include that, hopefully with some actual pictures this time.

and to Capt.Marion, Glad I could make it for you! I dont get my hands on the 98k sniper all that much but I could defenately give it a shot, I'll turn something up in a week.

Upvote 0
Hmm. To Melipone. I never knew there was all that much difference when it came to ping, but okay, the next guide i'll make will include that, hopefully with some actual pictures this time.

and to Capt.Marion, Glad I could make it for you! I dont get my hands on the 98k sniper all that much but I could defenately give it a shot, I'll turn something up in a week.

Do some tests on high ping servers and compare to your normal server. I always assumed your ping made a difference, might be wrong though.

Upvote 0
lol yeah ping makes a hell of a diffence. I have to lead targets about 5 feet! when they are moving acroos at medium range. I have a good connection too so I dont have high ping. I never have to lead at all in single player. To test ping just shoot your gun straight at the ground and watch how long it takes for it to hit.

Upvote 0
IIRC rifles are zeroed at 100m in RO (correct me if i'm wrong). So at long distance you don't need to raise it too much.

I don't have the figures handy for a Kar98k, but for a 91/30 at 250 meters, with sights set at 100 meters, you're looking at only about 5" of bullet drop. The carbines a little more - 7.5" or so. Out at 500 yards, it's between 60 and 65 inches of drop, You want a head shot at 500 yards, you've got to aim over 5 feet over the dude's head.

Upvote 0
in ro you usually never use your weapon over 200 meters or whatever. 200 meters is about from the kaukasus courtyard to shepardshut. or from near konings siegessaule to spawn. My range judging is bad but anyway if you look at range maps and actually check ingame to findout howmany u's a meter is you will find out you'll often think something is further away than it actually is ingame. Meaning most of the time you wont have to fire above the target.

Upvote 0
Yes, great guide. I am a believer that if you can see it, you can kill it with a rifle, no scope necessary.

Plus I love the 1980 era graphics. Anyone want to port RO to the Atari 2600?

I'm down for the 2600 port project ...

As for scope v rifle ... You're entirely right. The advantage of a scope, though, is that it makes the pixel-hunt easier. About 3.5 times easier, actually, if you're Soviet, and 4 times easier, for the Germans.

Upvote 0