• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Russian Infantry Charges... Where are they?

One of the current commands in Russian already translates as " I will shoot anyone retreating on the spot."

Mmmm, but unfortunately i'm willing to bet that most of our player base are not Russian scholars (shame on all of you). Maybe it should be added in English as well. Me, as people who have played with me have probably noticed, am always advancing and dying for the motherland. There is no greater glory (or fun). I have to admit it does irk me when i'm in Odessa, i've charged the tower and am up in the very top engaging with bayonet and grenade while my comrades are all crawling somewhere down the street not at all in position to take advantage of the chaos i'm creating.

Upvote 0
It destroys the point of the game if people are simply sitting back and sniping when they need to be advancing! It makes the game less enjoyable for everyone, because they are sitting back, losing the game for us, and I on the other hand am either sneaking round the back of the enemy, or charging to death or glory through MG fire, and usually end up with about 5 large holes in me, which tends to get very annoying. I strongly agree with a Political Officer/Commisar role, just as long as it doesn't take as much of the re-inforcements as a usual death would do, otherwise its just as pointless because instead of them losing the game due to no capping, you would lose the game due to lack of re-inforcements.

Upvote 0
What I really hate is when the people with smg's and semi auto rifles stay back and do nothing (especially the latter), the svt/G43 can be very effective when you get stuck in and don't hide back picking people off from a distance!

When I am a regular infantryman (who is not staying back and sniping) it's usually 9 times out of 10 that I will die in close quarters against an smg weilding enemy. Thats why I believe the riflemen can stay back from time to time and pick people off. While the semi auto riflemen/ smg soldiers can move up and cap objectives. Don't get me wrong though, that doesn't mean I'm for people staying in the same spot for the whole round. When the battle doesn't seem to be advancing I'm all for every able man pushing forward to cap objectives.

Upvote 0
What I really hate is when the people with smg's and semi auto rifles stay back and do nothing (especially the latter), the svt/G43 can be very effective when you get stuck in and don't hide back picking people off from a distance!

When I am a regular infantryman (who is not staying back and sniping) it's usually 9 times out of 10 that I will die in close quarters against an smg weilding enemy. Thats why I believe the riflemen can stay back from time to time and pick people off. While the semi auto riflemen/ smg soldiers can move up and cap objectives. Don't get me wrong though, that doesn't mean I'm for people staying in the same spot for the whole round. When the battle doesn't seem to be advancing I'm all for every able man pushing forward to cap objectives.

I actually agree with the majority of that, and hate being a bolt action rifleman trying to charge an SMG armed enemy. But, semi-auto rifles are good all rounders if you ask me, they can do effective long range, as well as close range, but still, if nobody else is advancing, I dont want to charge in on my lonesome with a semi auto, it will still be suicide either way.

Also, hi xplosiv, its me [BEF]-R!G4M0RT!Z from 1944 :D

Upvote 0
I myself have always prefered the svt over any weapon. HATE the german G43 though, the easy to spot sound is so damn irritating. Its like whenever I hear it I duck for cover.. oh no! not the g43 AGAIN! :p Anyway, the semi auto is ideal for any situation imo, like you have said long range and short..but I personally think that if you have a semi-auto rifle, you should be stuck in with the soldiers armed with smg's, the majority of the time. You have little excuse to be hiding and picking people off for a whole round.

@R1G4M0RT1Z (OT) - Hey mate! Is your 1944Forum name your ingame name? Hope to see you in battle sometime :). Funnily enough, I also spotted DutchLike on a server for the first time today.. he was laughing at me loosing 60 or so posts in the recent cleanup when he gained around 20 for some strange reason! :eek:

Upvote 0
It ****s playing MG on snowy forest when you get no support, I'll lay down massive amounts of cover fire expecting fellow comrades to run around behind me, flanking and capturing position but what will end up happening is I'll get 2 or 3 german kills then someone will run up behind me and bayo me while I change my barrel. You know it' bad when you get further using your pistol and being one the front of the advancing force thna you do when expecting teammates to move up under cover.

Yeah...a well supported machine gun on that map can make life miserable for the Soviets.

Upvote 0
Yea, I find the SVT-40 is a very good weapon, good range, accuracy and also the attachment of a bayonet! Countless times has the bayonet saved my life once I had emptied a clip in close combat. I say the rifles have bayonets for a reason, therefore there is no point in hanging back sniping as a rifleman. The first thing I do on any infantry map when I am rifleman is attach my bayonet. If the rifle is good at long range and close quarters it means you may as well either snipe or charge. Sniping is a waste of time on a map which you need to attack, so I just charge through the enemy fire, zig zagging and try to get into close combat. I think there should be more people like this. Unfortunately there is not many people like this, so I end up just finding myself defenceless against papasha's.
OT @ Novogradov: Na, on RO:O I play as <RTR>Pvt.Rigamortiz.EU or Rigamortiz :D Yea, I hope to see you in game, are you Novogradov in-game?? Haha, well at least you are still a Private, are you not :p Well, so far I have seen Lazlazlaz1 and Northerly Nanook on RO:O :D

Upvote 0