• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MP-41(r)

I'm never against any idea just to be an asshat. But I doubt you're going to see many future patches for RO at this point (maybe none at all). And frankly I'd rather see that limited amount of time and manpower put into fixing some of the issues and refining overall gameplay than in putting in another weapon. And even if you count modeling as a seperate workstream I'd much rather have weapons like the Nagant revolver, the Maxim M1910 or maybe a C96 than this rather rare submachine gun. We have enough diversity in automatic small arms.

I also don't see the issue presented. On maps where the MP44 is available i still see some people picking the MP40, simply for style (like me). I also doubt many of those who pick the MP44 now would prefer a nerfed PPSh over it, simply because the MP44 is superior to even an full power PPSh, except for maybe at very close range.

This weapon would be a very nice addition to a mod. But for retail, it's just not important enough. Of course you can say the same about the MP41 but seriously, this gun was just added to the official repertoire because someone had done the model and it was all too easy to just adapt the code, sound and animations.

Upvote 0
The thing is, this would have to be made by TWI for it to be an "easy job" (it wouldent be, really, but easier than from scratch), since only they have the origional model and animation files for the PPSH, only they could easilly modify them (you cannot export and edit thease things with UnreadEd, not possible, you must have the origional files).

And everything seems to indicate that TWI has moved on, we know they have been planning a new game for some time now, we also know we have heard nothing about further development of RO for a suspiciously long time, so its very unlikely that TWI will be doing anything of the sort.

So this would have to be a 3'rd party project, a whole new model, all new animations, doing that is hard, doing them so they match the look and quallity of the rest of the guns even harder, and all the people in this community who has that kind of tallent are allready working full time on other mods.. so yeah, its either not going to happen, or atleast not any time soon, or even in the same ballpark as "soon".

Magic 8ball sez: Outlook not good.

Upvote 0