• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When you get shot in the legs....

the_TeuTon

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2007
I bet this had already been discussed. If it has, I'm sorry, but when someone is standing up or running/sprinting, and they get shot in the leg, wouldn't they collapse to the ground in real life? In-game they just go stiff for a couple seconds and keep going. I guess that would only happen if you got shot in a certain part of the leg......but if I was shot in the leg, I would probably hit the ground first, then attempt to walk.

There are a few posts on this, but basically not everything in RO is done the way it is to be realistic. Just because it would be more realistic to do something one way it doesn't mean it would be good for gameplay to do it like that. In the old RO before it was retail for example, if you were shot in the leg then you would move slowly until you died..you wouldn't regain your speed back like you do now. But people used to just suicide rather than limp everywhere..realism is used only if it improves the gameplay, and I agree with this stance 100%. Maybe not the best example, but generally not everything that would be realistic to happen ingame should happen because it would mess up gameplay. Weapon shot out of hand now is a good example of something that shouldn't really be in the game but is kind of realistic. I think its still in mostly because its a gimmick that no other games have.

Theres hundreds of things that aren't realistic in RO, and 9/10 its a better game because of it. Think of how it would affect the gameplay if you suddenly got an advantage to being shot in the leg...I know I would much rather have a low profile instantly after being shot, but that would **** for gameplay.

Upvote 0
You don't get shot in the leg, in RO that merits a death. The bullet merely grazes your leg making you feel pain and move slower, so when you see a player's wounded avatar moving in slo-mo, let's just pretend he's clutching his leg and hobbling away.

Also, meliphone, you wouldn't be able to walk if you had been shot in the leg. More like on the ground screaming for a medic/your mother. Death in RO.

Upvote 0
Unless it hit bone or a tendon you could still walk. Not right but i am sure you could stagger away another 5-10 feet. It would never be the instant stop it is in game. In game the way it stops you is just impossible. I would love to see this happen in real life. sprinting person comes to a dead stop because they hurt there leg. momentiem just would not let it happen. I would like to see leg wounds force you to dive to prone. Not perfect but better then it is now. would be great if they would add in a stumble animation.

Upvote 0