• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Ability to throw grenades back

If you don't have time to run from it, you probably don't have the time to pick it up and throw it. If it was implemented, lets hope it doesn't suddenly make you the point-holder in case teammates are nearby and it goes off in your hand. Sad way to mess up and get kicked/banned from a server becuase you were trying to save yourself/ or your teammates.

Upvote 0
If you don't have time to run from it, you probably don't have the time to pick it up and throw it. If it was implemented, lets hope it doesn't suddenly make you the point-holder in case teammates are nearby and it goes off in your hand. Sad way to mess up and get kicked/banned from a server becuase you were trying to save yourself/ or your teammates.

Actually you can't get away in time because the game makes you motionless while you stand and ready your weapon. But that's a whole other problem that needs to be addressed.

Upvote 0

If the ability to pick up grenades and throw them back is added I don't think it should be like how it is in DoD where if you pick the the grenade and it goes off it counts as a suicide or TK if your teammates are around. I think the points should still go to whomever threw the grenade originally. This is how I think it should be if the grenade goes off in your hand, however, if you have enough time to throw the grenade and it leaves your hand you should be charged with the TK. But then again the odds of the grenade blowing up right in your face as soon as you throw it and killing you and anyone else around is incredibly high anyway so that certainly wouldn't work smoothly all the time. I don't like the idea of receiving a suicide/tk for trying to save myself or my team mates, but I also don't like the idea of being able to help the opposing team's score by accidentally tossing an enemy grenade into a group of friendlies. Precarious indeed.

Upvote 0
This feature would be useless with current nadss,everybody primes their nade b4 they throw,so that you wont even have time to react,you just see the nade landing next to you and boom.

It'd be useful for throwing grenades at people who's weapon has been stabbed out of their hands when trying to fire. And grenades aren't always cooked. Even if they were most of the time, you're gonna eventually need to throw grenades back.

Upvote 0
It shouldn't count as teamkills but it should of course count as a suicide. Or what would oyu call it if someone would run to a live grenade and would pick it up?

Why do you assume people would run to live grenade and pick it up!?
It would be useful when the grenade lands next to you...
Blocking the shrapnel by diving on it would also be nice.

Upvote 0
You guys know that if a gernade lands near you, you can get on top of something (Box/anything solid) and it'll protect you.

In Bondarevo, in central Farmhouse is an example. The big desk with the bread on it, jump on top of that and you'll live.. We have tried this in 181st practice.. The one's who don't make it get a lost arm/leg and a respawn.

Upvote 0