• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Make Red Orchestra 1 free!

I wouldn't consider myself a gamer, but this game is something else! It is different! It is out of the box! I know that there are so many players inside this forum and community that want Red Orchestra 1 back! It is slightly dying with only 2 servers available, YEAH 2! When it used to have a list of 100 or 150 servers getting full daily! People love this game a lot , this community loves it!

For me , it is the best game in the whole internet! I will never put everything uppon it! I don't even know what to say! There are so many things to talk about! I just really LOVE it and it is a shame to see it dying slowly. I don't even know if it will last 10 years! There are other games with such a history and they are still playable with tournaments and stuff! So why not? I don't think anyone is buying RO1 at these last years! I believe the developers should sit down and make this big decision about this game future! Just imagine that with the new update of DH ( 6.0 ) it will gather many people to try it out! So make it free to play! People will come and try! It will have more servers, maybe like before , and then the developers can make a new update for it! Make some changes, put new stuff inside it! So people will love it more and more.... I got nothing else to say here... All I need is to developers see my suggestion! And people to support it! :IS2:

This kind of sentiment isn't rare, we all love this game to death, and are super excited about the Darkest Hour team working on a new update to our favorite game.

Making Ro1 free would greatly promote Ro2 and probably lead to more money in the coffers by year's end anyway! If freeware is completely out of the question perhaps due to licensing reasons then please do your best to put Ro1 into all the game bundles out there (indiegala, humblebundle, bundlestars, etc) so that it can be had inexpensively and in large amounts.

We love this game, are really excited to see the numbers growing slowly as of late, and really want either a freeware solution or a commercial one that aggressively pursues inexpensive bundling.

Upvote 0
Agree.. I know TWI have more important things to do but I wish this game would be F2P, I don't think they will make any money on this anymore.. I love DH but i would also play some good old RO1 (I have RO1 tho) just there are no people to play with ":/ sometimes there are battles with 8 people and rest are bots.

Also I would love to see restrictions taken down, so actually achievements would be possible to achieve.

Please TWI :)

Upvote 0
I really wish RO1 would be free, they made RO2 free to get for 24h and it got a lot of new players. If you read steam reviews of RO1 there is some negatives like "game is dead" "no players" etc

I don't think they will make anymore money on RO1 and it would give this game new life.

Also please take off achievement restrictions in RO1 :eek:

Upvote 0