• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Crash happens whenever the Warehouse in the Red Barracks map is fully taken over

evarhclupes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2017
Category: Code
Reproducibility: Always
Summary: Crash happens whenever the Warehouse in the Red Barracks map is fully taken over by Axis (my side)
Description: Without fail, no matter what I do, as soon as the star at the bottom of the screen turns completely blue as I'm occupying the warehouse building, the game freezes to a halt, then shuts down with a report going "ROGame.exe has stopped working". Before signing up here and making this thread, I discovered another one on this forum which claimed that low shadow and texture detail caused the crash. I then downloaded a ROEngine.ini file from another user in that thread and replaced the existing one, because it was apparently met with good reception from other users and most of the crashes seemed to have stopped for them. No matter what I do to the graphics settings, however, the game continues to crash at that specific moment. All other settings are on default, so it can't be them that are the cause of the problem. It's just the graphics settings that I changed. Hardware physics disabled, everything is on low settings except texture and shadow (doesn't seem to make a difference however I change it anyway).
Online/Offline: Happens offline.

I'd upload a dump file but apparently I'm not authorised to do so, sorry for that.