• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Cold Steel Map exploit

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
So on the first 2 stages of Cold Steel the Germans can behind the Russians up in the building where E and D is. The Russians only access to the building is all the way to the back. Its all walled off by defenses that disappear when B is captured. Which made me think it was an exploit. It involves Jumping up onto a fence using a box then walking along the fence (which is less than an inch wide) then falling over the other side of it. The Germans can then mow down everyone in A and can cut off reinforcements to B without any threats.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546390927249707185/5DB51060F38789302C441ED17790E6BBBB51883A/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546390927249705316/05425580F2919649831C32239F5C4396766BB178/
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/546390927249703093/0F76CF57418A1A0A215CC5E3386440B6628083B8/

I do however need official Confirmation whether or not it is an exploit as soon as possible. I'm a server admin on 7 servers. People complain about it and call it an exploit. The ones who do this don't think it is. Arguments start up and as an admin I am powerless to intervene because its unclear whether or not it is an exploit. But if I had official confirmation that it was an exploit (which i think it is given how everything is walled off in those stages) Then I could resolve these issues before they flare up into something more. Until you fix this issue of course.

Looking at the covernodes, the location and spawn protection I am pretty positive that it's not intended for players to climb that barricade. I have reported the issue.
Sorry for the late response did not see it before the Holidays and just now scrolled past it :)

As far as you asking for an official confirmation - I can't speak for TWI, but I have reported it so it's in the system as a bug.
I personally think it's an exploit and not intended - it leads the player to far away from the fight and behind spawn protection, that's a bug.

Upvote 0
And more

And more

I have some "friends" that think it is ok to exploit gaps in the maps spawn protection on both Gumrakstation and Myskova River, they are more than happy to get SLs up there and start spawning people in the rear of the defenders spawn zone, fully occupying F and E when only attacking B on Gumrakstation spawn in troops and allowing ridiculously fast capping of C and D.

Being able to put a machine gun, SL etc in D tower on Myskova River whilst the attackers are still fighting at A and B.

On Myskova River you can go all the way up to N and destroy and the tank traps without being under fire.

My view on this exploiting has been the cause of a lot of distress to me but as far as I am concerned this is not, to quote one "
a feature" something I had screamed at me during my objection.

Most of the other maps do not have these gaps in out of combat area or they are not known about, although it seems quite obvious to me they are exploits I don't see why they don't see it.

Upvote 0
Since there wasn't any official statement from any of the staff members (with the privilege to do so) nor from the original authros of the maps with these as someone may consider "EXPLOITS",(gaps between spawn protections, meaning- Out of the combat area protection and Enemy spawn protection won't merge together and people can get behind enemy spawn and support advancing friendly units) it it's not fair to deny this sort of "ADVANTAGE" especially on such hard and almost impossible to win maps as Gumrak station. Although I do agree that it doesn't realy look like the proper way the maps were designed to play I feel obligated to say that not only once I witnessed these "EXPLOITS" to help the attacking team to win on some of the hardest maps. Maybe from moral point of view people shouldn't do it, but banning and kicking people from already dying servers because of this isn't the solution (until there is an official statement from OBLIGATED person, also it is very rude and impolite to do so without any sort of warning). The sad thing about this is the appRoach of admins on this thing, it would be much easier for players to sit down and discuss this from all points of view, I do understand that to drew colts and start banning people is easier but it also is unfair.

Upvote 0