• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Zoom-running

titsmcgee852

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2013
Don't know if anyone has encountered this but here goes.

After I spawn and immediately start sprinting (shift depressed before I start going forward I think), the game glitches and I end up sprinting with a zoomed perspective, and it also restricts my turning slightly. THis is on a classic (no zoom) server with classic loadouts. Half of the time this happens, my 1st person gun sounds also switch to the 3rd person sounds, but everyone else's sounds remain the same. As soon as I die it resets, but can happen at any stage in the map.

Anyone had this? Happens on any stock or custom map for me.

Hope you`ll get it to fix. It is extremely annoying. Sometimes if got it 20 times a round and the next day it`s gone. In the last days it seems that when i not have pressed ALT and TAB before (doing this to switch Guys in our TS and going to the WebAdmin) it does not happen. Throwing your weapon on the ground does not work at my end as TL or SL. Playing wars with this isn`t fun anymore when it happen.

Upvote 0
Some of my Teammates had it sometimes, so they know what it is. There is one who had it never. The first time i had it sometimes was short after the Update. But then i had it never again for a long time and then it came back. We had a funwar against (U) and after every spawn i had this bug. In the last 10 minutes of the last round of this match the bug disappeared. Horrible! I would like to know if it is caused by hardware or by using a keyboard combination or something like that.

Upvote 0
Changing zoom button and disabling shift-zoom do nothing to stop the bug last time i checked.
The bug only seems to affect one weapon tho, if you swap to pistol, grenades etc. you will go back to normal, until you swap back to your primary weapon. Picking up new weapons and dropping + picking up primary seems to fix it every time

Upvote 0