• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire, can you give us an option to tone down HDR?

Fisher

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Can you give us an option to tone down HDR?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm not sure whether it's linked in with bloom, but I've looked all through the ini files and there is no way to town it down.

For those who don't know, High Dynamic Range is a recreation of strong light sources bleeding around objects. Here are some examples:

dbcwe.jpg

uG3AF.jpg

fUVpA.jpg

bj5sA.jpg

It almost looks as though it is glowing. This is a realistic effect, however I find it a bit too overpowering.

I think disabling bloom gets rid of it, but the game looks odd without it.

Tripwire and community, got any solutions?

Last edited:
How the heck does your game look like that? Mine doesnt.

Maybe your settings are different from mine? Mine are all ultra.

Did you try to change the gamma setting, or the luminosity of your screen? It doesn't seem so overdone on my game.

Hmm, ill down the gamma a bit and see if it makes a difference. I can't seem to find any luminosity settings on my screen.

Upvote 0
just turn blur off...

It was already off.

Looks like your playing on the surface of the Sun...

I have most of those settings at default running everything at Ultra and I never seen bloom to that exaggerated effect in my games. You sure you haven't touched anything in your ini files or graphics control?

I have, but nothing relating to graphics (FOV and bodies stay duration)

I had HDR like that when the game was released but it got fixed for me. IIRC RO1 had a similar problem with some PCs, HDR would make everything fuzzy and overbright.

Hmm, did it just disappear after a patch?

Upvote 0