• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How To Complete Training Missions - Bug Avoidance Tips

defektive

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
UK
I know that this is a bugs thread but perhaps a list of solutions to get through the enormously buggy training missions might be useful.

Here are the problems and solutions I've encountered thus far...

Axis Training Mission #1 - Basic Training
Problem: Targets won't drop while holding breath.
Fix: Ensure that you have 'Sprint Zoom' enabled in options.

Axis Training Mission #2 - Squad Leader
Problem: Squads refuse to attack Obj. A & B.
Fix: Use the Command Widget (Attack > Objective A/B) instead of the Orders pointer (LMB - Move/Attack Here).

Problem: Artillery Fire destroys the building but mission refuses to progress.
Fix: Look at the ruin through your binocs.

Axis Training Mission #3 - Support
Problem: Blowing out the door doesn't progress the mission.
Fix: Go through the motions of blowing out the door again as if it were still intact.

Problem: You don't get a re-stock of Satchels or HHL-3s.
Fix: Restart the mission.

Problem: HHL-3 magnetic charges fall at my feet rather than sticking to the tank.
Fix: Throw them on top of the engine compartment. (Stupid, I know, but there you have it.)

Axis Training Mission #4 - Tank
Problem: Tank will not follow orders to move up to the "crest of the hill".
Fix: Use manual drive control (WASD) to get up there instead.

Problem: Mission will not progress after hitting the buildings with HE rounds.
Fix: --UNKNOWN-- Bypass this mission by using the following console command: open sp-9_commissarshouse_ger

Last edited:
I have tried the 5th tutorial mission several times. Its just glitched, bugged out. I tried to re-install it more than once and that did not work. When I first open up the map, there is a blue dot on the line between the middle and lower villages, and when its time to launch an assault, only three of the 12 people rush out. I can not get past this mission ANY way at all.

Upvote 0