• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] If you have a crash, Give us the dump file!

So first of all, when I play RO2, I join in the server and after a while (Sometimes in about 10min sometimes in about 30min) I get this "rogame.exe has stopped working". I don't get it... (My Windows 7) :confused:

EDIT: It crashes even in Singleplayer... "rogame.exe has stopped working"

View attachment 9378

Same here. I removed all the files from the Config folder except ROInput.ini and then it crashed more seldom but after a while crashes like that "rogame.exe has stopped working" became more and more common until the game was basically unplayable.

Strangely enough since the update I don't get .dmp files but .log files instead. I post these here in hope that the devs might use them to make the game playble on this PC. Would a config file help them to understand what is wrong with the code compared to the hardware that makes the game crash?

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2012.01.18-01.39.12.log
    16 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2012.01.18-00.22.32.log
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2012.01.17-23.59.00.log
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2012.01.17-19.31.28.log
    40 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Crashed when new map started (during first class selection)

Your crash seems to be punkbuster related. There was a punkbuster update being pushed out around the same time, so perhaps there was a version mismatch between the server and your client. If this hasn't solved itself yet, I'd suggest downloading the latest punkbuster client update from http://www.evenbalance.com/

Upvote 0
the game was running quite well for me right until today's patch.
now i am unable to start game altogether. it doesn't even create dump file, just "Launch-backup" files.
i am uploading couple of them, hope it helps.

Code:
Critical: appError called: SHA Verification failed for 'd:\hry\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\..\..\Engine\Shaders\ApexGpuSkinVertexFactory.usf'. Reason: Missing hash

This is from your log file. It appears your game did not update properly. Verifying the game cache integrity through steam should solve the issue for you.

Upvote 0
Hi

2 dump files on 10

Hi Ivan,

Can you tell me a bit more of what you were doing when you got the crash?
Please provide all details you can think of, including but not limited to-
Map you were on (or menu item)
What you were doing at the time
Is this a random crash or can you reproduce it reliably?

This information and any other details you can provide will greatly assist me in tracking down the source and fixing it.

Upvote 0
Had a fairly long play-time without crashes today. Played Grain Elevator, Apartments, Commisars House and Spatanovka. Around 2 hours in total. However, when it came to playing the next map, it crashed just before I even chose the class to play as. The map in question was Red Oktober. Joined allied side, about to click for a class and "ROgame.exe has stopped working" apeared.

Dump file was empty so I'll post the Launch.log instead.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    73 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0