• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Rising Storm Pre Order Beta Server Hosting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Very soon we will be launching the Pre Order beta for Rising Storm. This means that anyone that pre-orders the game can play in the beta instantly (well instantly after they download the beta client). In preparation for this we have just released the server files for the beta. You can grab them off of SteamCMD and the AppID for the beta is 238690. Read on for more detailed information about Rising Storm and hosting servers if you are interested in hosting a Rising Storm server.

The actual dedicated server app for Rising Storm will be the same AppID in Steam as the RO2 server was when the game launches (for the purposes of the beta you need to use a different AppID). The two games are essentially merged at release. If you already have an RO2 server, on the day Rising Storm launches (fully launches, not just Pre-order) when you update your server it becomes a Rising Storm/RO2 server. On the client end, we will let anyone that owns RO2 play on Rising Storm maps.

What we're trying is a bit of an experiment. Rather than splinter our community with DLC (like some other games have done), we're going to let everyone that owns RO2 play Rising Storm, but with limited access. So they won't be able to play with all the cool new toys, but they can try the game out and play as long as they want with the basic weapons. That way we keep the game's community growing, instead of subdividing our player base.

Hosting a server for Rising Storm will function exactly like hosting a server for RO2. Just like with RO2 we are not limiting our Ranked Servers, anyone can host them. Any ranked server IPs you registered for RO2 will still be valid, and you can continue to request IPs to be registered as ranked for Rising Storm if you run out of the IPs you have registered. If you are looking to get a server for the RS beta or Rising Storm we have some recommended server providers (of course as mentioned you can still host your own). You can find the list of Recommended Server Providers here: http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/faq/recommended-server-hosting-partners/

If you are an individual or a gaming group that would like to host a server (or a few servers) and would like to register your server as Ranked, please apply here: http://rsp.heroesofstalingrad.com/

If you are a server hosting company and would like to get a block of IPs ranked please e-mail [email protected]. Please provide the name of your server hosting company, a link to your website, and the IP range you would like to request in CIDR notation.

The general information about hosting an RO2 server found on the RO2 dedicated server forums is still valid (with the exception of the RS Beta Server App ID of 238690) so please go here if you are new to hosting servers for RO2/RS: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80 with detailed instructions in the wiki: http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/RO2_Dedicated_Server.

The actual dedicated server app for Rising Storm will be the same AppID in Steam as the RO2 server was when the game launches (for the purposes of the beta you need to use a different AppID). The two games are essentially merged at release. If you already have an RO2 server, on the day Rising Storm launches (fully launches, not just Pre-order) when you update your server it becomes a Rising Storm/RO2 server. On the client end, we will let anyone that owns RO2 play on Rising Storm maps.

:) Wonderful. This is what I hoped to hear.

And I'm assuming HOS and RS maps can be combined in the server map cycle?

Upvote 0
My question is do I need a static IP or can it be done with dynamic IP? I really don't understand (""Requested Server IP in CIDR notation"")!
Why should it be so hard to get a ranked server? I have a quad-server with a 100/100 Mbit connection and I have tried before with unranked with no problem.
I can also run a ArmA server with up to 128 people no problem. Just want to make sure I have the stuff for it. And why not just give all the right to run ranked server. Now in RS I can only find US server with 300-400 in ping so this game in this state is just unplayable for me now. And yes I have sett filter settings. And RO2 no problem. Btw Im in sweden.

Best regards to you all.
Mkill73

Upvote 0
server rising storm linux o windows

server rising storm linux o windows

first of all to greet everyone in the community,

We are a Spanish company, we want to accommodate rising storm servers for linux and windows dedicated machines in Spain,

is there any way or linux binaries?
download link? Our priority would be linux but in any case we adapt to all

no release windows files for dedicated?

we believe that we have read we meet the requirements asked by the creators

want to know if there is link or you can walk down the red steamcmd orchestrad 2 and rising strom and if so to which OS

possess machines hosted in france with IP blokes
besides own machines in Spain in the Canary Islands
and it's worth since 2003 we

Any information would be of a great help, as many probeedores we go wrong to Spanish in itself is one of our mission to storm rising servers for Spanish community that we are far removed from all this for how expensive they are charged to customers servers and our goal is to give what many can not be

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.